Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to: Not be abel to change status (approve) your own files

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
271 Views, 2 Replies

Option to: Not be abel to change status (approve) your own files

smaller companie (group of five designers) that do not have a special reviewer that can do review/approval.

Is there any way I can setup a criteria in Vault so a designer is not abel to approve hes own files?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

smaller companie (group of five designers) that do not have a special reviewer that can do review/approval.

Is there any way I can setup a criteria in Vault so a designer is not abel to approve hes own files?

Need more information.  Version and level of Vault (for example Vault Pro 2013)

Are you using ECO's?  If so, yes..... you can decide through user or group security and the ECO routing who has the authority to approve.

Message 3 of 3
swalton
in reply to: Anonymous

I think you might be interested in this thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-General/Lifecycle-four-eyes-principle/td-p/2822216/highlight/tru...

It describes some code you can run to so that the user who promotes a file is not the the one that approves it.  This feature is not available out of the box.  Add it to the Ideastation if you think it should be added to Vault.

I have not run the code, so you might try it in your test vault before you put it into production.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report