Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only latest revision showing up in Vault Revision Table

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ericlynch7405
1515 Views, 7 Replies

Only latest revision showing up in Vault Revision Table

When creating a Vault revision table in an Inventor file, I can only get the latest revision to show up in the revision table on the drawing. We are not currently using lifecycles. How can I get multiple rows of revisions to show up in the revision history table. Here are my Vault revision table settings...

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

The "Revision" property is mapped to the rev number iproperty in Inventor. For reference, Here is the revision history in Vault...

Capture4.JPG

And what I see in inventor (just the latest revision). I would like to see all revisions here.

Capture5.JPG

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mbodnar
in reply to: ericlynch7405

Hi Eric

How are you adding new revision row in Inventor?

You should use Vault, Update Properties from the Inventor Vault commands. This will add a new row to the table then you can use Data Cards, Vault edit properties or editing properties in Inventor to fill in the rest of the data for the new row

MaxB

Message 3 of 8
ericlynch7405
in reply to: mbodnar

I am adding a revision by checking in the drawing and then using the "Revise" function on the Vault tab in Inventor. Then the Revision scheme Dialog appears where I type in the comments for that revision. I then use "Update Properties". When i do this, the previous revision is removed from the revision table and replaced with the latest. Even when I add a blank row, it removes it when I use "update properties".

Message 4 of 8
mbodnar

Hi

I use a different workflow

1. Full in rev details
2. Check in
3. Change state to release
4. Change state to WIP transition configured to bump revision
5. Open drawing
6. In inventor vault menu update properties. This will add the new row and sync properties.
7. Fill in new rev details and make changes. The previous rev details will stay there untouched

Hope this helps

Max
Sent from my iPhone
Message 5 of 8
ericlynch7405
in reply to: mbodnar

Max,

We do not use lifecycles. We use the "Revise" function on the Vault ribbon to make a revision. Any other thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Eric

Message 6 of 8
junyi_zhu

Vault revision table shows only released or the latest revision.

Junyi Zhu

Message 7 of 8
ericlynch7405
in reply to: junyi_zhu

Junyi,

Why is there an option to limit the number of rows to 8 if only one row shows up?

Thanks,

Eric

Message 8 of 8
mbodnar

Hi Eric

If you follow the steps I mentioned you can show as many rows as you want. Default is 8

Revision rows are really only inteended for released revisions (not work in progress versions)

Note there is a difference between Vault revisions and versions

Sorry I have always used lifecycle state definitions as they allow you to control access and also allows to control when the Vault revision is bumped up automatically. While you can Revise as you mentioned, I have not used that workflow

Hope this helps

Max Bodnar

Redstack

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report