Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office 2010x64 Add-in

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
sathersc23
629 Views, 7 Replies

Office 2010x64 Add-in

The Office Add-in for 2010x64 was deliberately non-existant for Vault 2012 (I believe the term "epic fail" comes to mind). Did Autodesk develop one for Vault 2013?

I'm hesitant to move to Inventor 2013 based on what I've been reading, and lack of features that will benefit our group. However, if I can move the Vault and not Inventor, and restore the add-in functionality that may sway me to at least make that move.

Sam Sather
CAD Admin
Inventor 2014
Vault Pro 2014 SR: 1 SP: 1
Intel Xeon X5690 @ 3.47 GHz
48.0 GB Ram
Windows 7 x64
AMD FirePro V7900 - 8.830.5.6000

----------------------------

"We have not succeeded in answering all our problems. The answers we have found only serve to raise a whole set of new questions. In some ways we feel we are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a higher level and about more important things." - Earl C. Kelley
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: sathersc23

yes there is a office 2010 64 bit add in for vault 2013

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
sathersc23
in reply to: DarrenP

Darren,

Great!

Is this in any of the release documentation?

Sam Sather
CAD Admin
Inventor 2014
Vault Pro 2014 SR: 1 SP: 1
Intel Xeon X5690 @ 3.47 GHz
48.0 GB Ram
Windows 7 x64
AMD FirePro V7900 - 8.830.5.6000

----------------------------

"We have not succeeded in answering all our problems. The answers we have found only serve to raise a whole set of new questions. In some ways we feel we are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a higher level and about more important things." - Earl C. Kelley
Message 4 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: sathersc23

this is the only thing i found

its a screen shot of when you log in to vault 2013

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: DarrenP

Most of us are on Office 2007, but our user with Office 2010 does not have a Vault tab showing up in Excel 2010.  My Excel 2007 does.  Can anyone tell me what must be done to get the Vault tab to show up in Excel 2010 (or any of the Office 2010 products, for that matter)?

Message 6 of 8
ihayesjr
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

Bill,

Did they install MS Office after they installed the Vault client?  If so, go to the Uninstall Programs or Add/Remove Programs depending on your OS.  Select Vault and click the Change button.  You want to add a feature and make sure the box is checked next to MS Office.  If is already checked, uncheck it close the dialog, restart the Change and check it again.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 7 of 8
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: ihayesjr

Irvin,

Office 2010 was definitely installed prior to installing Autodesk Vault Professional 2013.  However, there were other versions of Vault installed prior to the installation of AVP2013.  Apparently their add-ins conflicted with the 2013 add-in.

The Office 2010 Add-In for AVP 2013 was not enabled.  When we tried to enable it, we were told that an older version was installed and needed to be uninstalled first.  So first we uninstalled AVP 2012, but the error still occurred.  So we uninstalled Autodesk Vault 2011 (it didn't say Basic or Professional) and that fixed it.

We're working fine now.  Thanks.

Message 8 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

this was a problem before

office doesn't like having multiple versions of the vault add in 

usually uninstalling the older versions of the vault client or uninstalling just the add in fixed the issue

which you did

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report