Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obsolete parts in Vault Professional 2012

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tiffany.hayden
916 Views, 6 Replies

Obsolete parts in Vault Professional 2012

I am working on revision control. I am needing to know if in the Vault you can obsolete a part so the users can search for it but not "Get it". I know you can set the security to not read and they won't be able to get it from the vault but they won't be able to search for the item either.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I want the same, set to Obsolete and users can see it, but stop users from Get/placing an obsolete item into an assy.

I ended up setting it so that users can't see the Obsolete items , but that the Administrator can so that the Admin can change the state if needed. Not perfect but workable for my needs.

Maybe a valid entry for the Vault Idea Exchange? http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideaexchangepage/blog-id/2

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 3 of 7
luttena
in reply to: BLHDrafting

Thank you for posting this issue. That is not currently an option in the Vault. If the user has access to read it, they can get it. I agree with Brendan. This would be a great topic for the Vault idea exchange.

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 7
tiffany.hayden
in reply to: luttena

How do I add it to the vault idea exchange??

Message 5 of 7
luttena
in reply to: tiffany.hayden

You can click on the link in Brendan's post (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault-IdeaStation/idb-p/2) and choose 'New'. The idea is that this is a forum for new ideas for the development team to consider. Other users can vote on what is important to them.

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 7
tmoney2007
in reply to: luttena

I guess it would have to only make the visualization (DWF or DWFx) available to get, but not the model file itself.

That sounds pretty doable, and it would probably be pretty useful to us as well.  So it would be part of the lifecycle definition security settings.

When you submit the idea, post the link over here and I'll give it a kudo.

Message 7 of 7
BLHDrafting
in reply to: tmoney2007

Here is the link to the idea Tiffany posted.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault-IdeaStation/Obsolete-Parts-in-Vault-Professional-2012/i...

Your dwf comment raises a thought. If you changed the security so that Obsolete parts can't be seen, but turned on View Hidden Files so that the DWF files can be seen, would that work? Only problem would be if the DWF also got the lifecycle Obsolete, then I guess it would be invisable. Not at my CAD computer so I can't try it.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report