Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No folder structure, thousands of files in one folder

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wishmasstir1
271 Views, 1 Reply

No folder structure, thousands of files in one folder

My company has been using vault collaboration for a few years now.  When they switched to the vault they took every file from the servers and dumped them all into one folder in the vault.  This has been the process since I started working here.  At previous companies we would use many folders in the vault to catagorize the files.

Is there an issue working to a folder that has 7000 drawing and model files in it.  We do not have the fastest system here and it can take some time to load while browsing through the vault.  I was considering creating subfolders for product type.  would this be a better folder structure?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Personally, I would suggest moving towards a multiple folder structure.  The reason behind this would be what you called out.  I would think, in general, navigating through a folder with that many files would be a pain since you will constantly have to hit the "More" option to get at something in the middle of the structure.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report