Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Vault

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dah79
239 Views, 2 Replies

New to Vault

I am a single user of ACADE with Vault Client installed on 2 machines (a desktop & laptop).  Can I set up my Vault folder to be located on a external USB hard drive which would include all my .dwg files and then set up a Working folder on each machine?

I would like to be able to work on drawings from either machine but yet keep them updated to one Vault folder and keeping them portable so I can use them while traveling.  I am using ACADE 2012 on both machines.  Will there be any issues with having different operating systems as my laptop is running Windows 7 64 bit and the desktop is running Windows XP Pro?

Any help on getting this set up would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KooCheeKit
in reply to: dah79

Hi,

If you plan to have two Vault server, 1 on each machines, then i would not recommend or even try.

If only one Vault server say is installed on the laptop, then one workaround i could think of is to create 2 user, say UserLaptop is used to login from laptop, and UserDesktop from desktop. This should prevent change begin overwritten by mistake. Also always check in your changes when you are working from the desktop, therefore the latest copies is available on the laptop when you travel with it. i assume there isn't a problem network connecting to your laptop where the Vault server is installed when you are working from the desktop.

Please note that my suggestion is a workaround. Hope this helps.

Chee-Kit
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
cmcconnell
in reply to: KooCheeKit

IIn the past, I have operated just as Chee-Kit suggests. It works very well.

Mechanix Design Solutions inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report