Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help resolving a mapping properties issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CelticDesignServices
261 Views, 1 Reply

Need Help resolving a mapping properties issue

Bear with me on this as I'm once again trying to fix a legacy issue with limited explainations of how they got to this point.

My client has their AutoCAD (dwg) file's title's, etc mapped to Vault and vice versa.

Th drawing's titles have 3 lines of text available and from what I've been told, the "title" property name in Vault cannot be mapped if it is multi-lined text....is that true?

Anyways, that being the case at this point, they have three seperate property names (DWG_Title1, ...2 & ...3) but wnat to somehow "string" these fields together to populate the "Title" field in Vault.

Right now they only have the middle line of the title (DWG_Title2) being mapped, thus only that portion of text is suppose to populate the title field in Vault, but even that's not happening (see attached screen captures).

Are you as confused as I am?

Any suggestions, preferably how to map multi-lined text if possible, would be greatly appreciated.

title.PNG

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

For multi-line attribute mapping, the value could be extracted into Vault but the format will be lost, it will be merged to single line, see wiki http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0001-Using_Va1/0054-Understa54/0056-Add-in_-56/0063....

The method of using multi UDP (vault user defined property) mapping to seveal single line attribute would be possible, please note the 3 UDPs you created has no relationship with Vault pre-defined UDP title, that's why you didn't see any change in Tiltle mapping page or its value.

Once mapping of 3 UDP (DWG_Title1, ...2 & ...3) with 3 attributes ready, next step you need to make sure UDPs assigned to CAD files, either by category management or Add/Remove properties, now you are be able to read expected values of 3 UDPs from main grid or properties grid, see video for your reference http://screencast.com/t/exGQkhHe4.

Hope it helps

SAMPLEMAPPING.png

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report