Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi sheet Inventor Drawings

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Winks87
376 Views, 2 Replies

Multi sheet Inventor Drawings

Has anyone had success with using multi sheet drawings with Inventor/Vault?  I am looking for some kind of procedure or information about creating multi sheet drawing templates in Inventor.  What are the possible pitfalls, benefits?  What do I need to do to make this work?  I would like to verify that Vault will track the information correctly from multiple titleblocks inside one file.  Basically, what is the best way to do this and is there any good sources of information (tutorials) about this?  Thanks!

James Winkler
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
vanessa.hall
in reply to: Winks87

Hi James!

Here is a great tutorial video that walks through the multi sheet process, pros, tips, etc. as requested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y2lgdPf7dM.

There are multiple forum posts with some seasoned vets giving more tips, issue resolution for problems they encounter along the way, etc. In a google search I came up with at least 5 known threads so I would certainly suggest taking a peek at those as those are always a great help!

Please let me know if you have any further questions along the way.

Cheers!

Vanessa Hall

Message 3 of 3
Winks87
in reply to: vanessa.hall

Thanks for the link.  I was hoping to find a way to report the number of sheets (drawing properties - <number of sheets>) to the Vault.  I would think this is a type of iproperty, and should be able to kick this value over to the Vault?  Is this possible?

James Winkler

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report