Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move files in Vault and get "Operation failed: System error..."

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jhedro
835 Views, 4 Replies

Move files in Vault and get "Operation failed: System error..."

We had an Autodesk training course a while back where we were told that we shouldn't use a "read only" library any more because that's the old way of doing things. He said that it would speed things up to do away with that.

So... I began the process of moving these files to a standard folder called Libraries yesterday. Hundreds of files have moved just fine, but some give me an error at the "Sending files to Vault" window. It says...

"Operation failed: System error. Please contact your system administrator."

I did some research and found that it would give a description of the error in my vlog file. The most recent error in my vlog is...

3/8/2013 8:34:16 AM *******************************************************************
Error: Soap Exception ( mesg-id = 634983284560760366 )
Exception: UnspecifiedSystemException [0]
Stacktrace:

Exception(Inner): Root element is missing.
Stacktrace(Inner):
Server stack trace:
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(Stream inStream)
   at Connectivity.Document.Util.BomXml.a(XmlDocument A_0)
   at Connectivity.Document.Util.BomXml.MigrateBomXml(String bomXml, Boolean reformatGuids)
   at Connectivity.Document.Util.BomXml.CreateBomFromXmlString(String xml)
   at Connectivity.Document.DataAccess.Files.GetBomById(Int64 fileIterationId)
   at Connectivity.Document.DataAccess.Files.CheckinFile(Int64 fileMasterId, Int64 checkinUserId, DateTime modDate, String comment, Int32 checksum, Int64 fileSize, Boolean keepCheckedOut, Boolean newStream, Int64[] dependFileIterIds, String[] dependSources, Int64[] attachFileIterIds, String[] attachSources, BOM bom, Boolean copyBom, String newFileName, FileClassification fileClassification, Boolean hidden, Boolean& newVersionCreated, Int64& placeholderIterationId, Boolean& undoCheckout, File& previousCheckedInFile, File& keepCheckedOutFile, Boolean& resourceCopyNeeded)
   at Connectivity.Document.BusinessLogic.FileBL.CheckinFile(Int64 fileMasterId, String comment, Boolean keepCheckedOut, DateTime lastWrite, Int64[] dependFileIterIds, String[] dependSources, Int64[] attachFileIterIds, String[] attachSources, BOM bom, Boolean copyBom, String newFilename, FileClassification fileClassification, Boolean hidden, Stream fileStream)
   at Connectivity.Document.Services.FileService.CheckinFile(Int64 fileMasterId, String comment, Boolean keepCheckedOut, DateTime lastWrite, Int64[] dependFileIterIds, String[] dependSources, Int64[] attachFileIterIds, String[] attachSources, BOM bom, Boolean copyBom, String newFilename, FileClassification fileClassification, Boolean hidden, Stream fileStream)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

--------------------

Does any of this make any sense??

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhedro
in reply to: jhedro

Well, I figured this one out myself too. Some of the files needed purged. I purged most of them down to the last two versions, since these files should have had very few changes. They moved just fine after that. Hope that helps anyone else having this issue.

Message 3 of 5
Cadmanto

This is interesting.  I wouldn't think that just because the files are not purged it would not allow them to be moved.  One would think if all things are done in the vault and supposedly everything is supposed to stay linked, then everything should worked flawlessly.  In theory.   That is my major beef with vault is that the communication between it and Inventor seems to have some issues.  Meaning, why is there having to be so much syncing and updating from the vault.  I never had this issue with other softwares.

Inventor Suite 2012
Windows 7

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 5
jhedro
in reply to: Cadmanto

That's exactly what I was thinking. About half of the files I moved were fine, but the rest gave me this problem and had to be purged in order to move.

There seems to be a lot of issues with the connection between the two. I can close an assembly that was updated and ran smooth when I closed it and open right back up and it asks to check 5 parts out. How many times should you have to click "No to all" ??

Thanks for the response!

Message 5 of 5
Cadmanto

I so here ya.

This is an issue that needs to be answered not to mention tackled.

I am going to do what I can to try and get some answers.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report