Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Vault System Properties

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Aldred
1733 Views, 9 Replies

Mapping Vault System Properties

I am working on Vault Collaboration 2013.  I am trying to map a system property, checked by, but it says that mapping is not allowed.  I have seen that there are quite a few system properties that are not allowed to be mapped.  Why is this and is there any way to override this.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
akhidrosyidi
in reply to: Aldred

goto Tools, Administration, Vault Settings, Behaviors, Properties.

in the table properties, clik the properties  as you want to create map.

and click edit, and see my images below :

vault propertis map by akhid rosyidi.jpg

Message 3 of 10
Aldred
in reply to: akhidrosyidi

Thank you for your reply.  If you click on the mapping tab, you wil see that it says "cannot create mappings for this property"  Is there anyway that I can change that? 

Message 4 of 10
olearya

Hi there,

To clarify this property is "Checked Out By" - this only holds a value while a file is checked out - it is useful to search on and report on any files that are not checked into Vault or learn who is editing a file but there is no real advantage in writing this back to a document as the property is blank once checked in.

You maybe want to map a property such as modified by perhaps?

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 10
Aldred
in reply to: olearya

Hi Allan,

What I am trying to achieve is get the name of the person that released the file to appear on the Title Block.  I thought that I could use the system property 'checked by' but it does not allow me to map that property.  Do you know of any other way to get that information onto the Title Block.

Message 6 of 10
olearya

Hi,

Do you want the name in the title block to change with each release or do you want to only display the original document author to appear?

In the first case "Author" will appear for each released item and should be fixed at the last user to modify the file (release) or "Originator" to retain the first document creator.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 10
Aldred
in reply to: olearya

Hi Allan,

I have tried both originator and author and it does not do what I want.  It is my understanding that the author property gets taken from the file ??  I would like the name of the user who releases the file (this would be done in the vault through vault explorer) to appear on the title block.  Can this be done at all?

Aldred

Message 8 of 10
DannyvanDuijn2

Hi Aldred,

I'm using the property 'Created By' in the column of the Vault Revision Table. This property shows the username of the user who has released the file automatically.

The problem for you is that you're not using the property for a revision table but for the titleblock.

That can not be done with a system property. An UDP can do the trick, but requires manual user interaction (setting the username from predefined list) when releasing the file.

Danny van Duijn

Message 9 of 10
Aldred
in reply to: DannyvanDuijn2

Hi Danny,

Thank you for your assistance.  We are using the vault revision table and it is working well.

Aldred 

Message 10 of 10
DannyvanDuijn2

No problem. Danny

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report