Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map UDP from multiple blocks?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cadsupport
508 Views, 5 Replies

Map UDP from multiple blocks?

Hi all, right now I'm struggling with the question if it is possible to map properties from multiple blocks in one drawing. What we actually want to achieve is to have some kind of label for welding supervision. In Inventor it is pretty straight forward: I created an iProperty for WPQ_Date and a sketched symbol that will display the iProperty. In Vault I can map a UPD to this iProperty. For AutoCAD I imagined something like a block containing the attribute WPQ_Date. First of all if I try to map to the block dwg directly it will show me no attributes at all. If I insert the block into the dwg that contains our actual titleblock for mapping, the attributes won't show up, too. The only possibility seems to have a separate drawing where I insert this block. This could be mapped. But will Vault use both blocks for updating UDPs if available in one drawing? Best regards Erik
Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
scottmoyse
in reply to: cadsupport

You have to declare the Block name in the ADMS Console before Vault will index the attributes in the block.

Here's a better idea. Just create a Custom Property in AutoCAD, then insert it as a field inside a Block Attribute. Doing that will also force the value of the attribute to be the same across all the block instances (Sometimes that's not desirable).

Then the Custom property will appear just like it does in for Inventor. You will need to make sure that Custom Property is defined in your template, so that anywhere the block is used the attribute is propagated by the field.

Does any of that help?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 3 of 6
tmoney2007
in reply to: scottmoyse

I didn't know you could do that,... That's actually a great idea.
Message 4 of 6
scottmoyse
in reply to: tmoney2007

@tmoney2007 wrote:
I didn't know you could do that,... That's actually a great idea.

Cheers

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 5 of 6
cadsupport
in reply to: scottmoyse

Thank you, that way it will work. I still have a Problem with Date properties, but that is a General Vault -> AutoCAD Problem. When I edit a date property in Vault, DD/MM/YYYY turns into DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS which Looks odd on the drawing. Best regards Erik
Message 6 of 6
tmoney2007
in reply to: cadsupport

I'm fairly certain it isn't possible in Vault 2013 Pro... but as you can see above, I've been surprised before.

We ran into this earlier in our implementation and unless something has changed, you can do it in inventor, but not AutoCAD. I'd love to hear more sage wisdom that could solve this problem for me as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report