Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Vault Interface in Inventor 2012

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
WJH1970
347 Views, 4 Replies

Lost Vault Interface in Inventor 2012

I just returned to work after being off for 4 weeks.  I opened Invetntor 2012 SP2 to find that all "Add-In" programs are not being shown.  I use Iprop Wizard V5, and Vault Professional. 

Prior to being out, the programs worked fine.  The Vault interface shows up fine inside of Outlook and AutoCAD products.  Only Inventor is not working properly.

I tried eveything I can think of including uninstalling and reloading Inventor.  I've got a call into my resller for help, but thought I'd post here to see if anyone has seen anything similar.

I'm running a Dell M6600 with an Nvidia Quadro 4000M video card.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: WJH1970

Few things to try.

1. Use Add/Remove features for Vault and then see if Inventor add-in is selected and loaded. If not select and load it.

2. After doing the step 1, start Inventor, Tools->Add-in-> Right mouse click to bring to show to Hidden Members.

3. Check whether Inventor Vault and EDM Add-in both are set to Automatic and Loaded. If not load them.

The above should get back the Vault add-in in Inventor. Please let us know if you need any further help/info.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 5
WJH1970
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Hello...

1. Vault is set to load into Inventor through add/remove programs.

2. Tools>Add in>Right click gives me a menu, but no "Hidden Members"

3. No option to chose or check Vault and EDM settings to Automatic. It is almost as if Add ins has been disabled.

Bill Henry
Design/Drafting Supervisor
First Quality Products
Ph. 570-769-4278

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited.
Message 4 of 5
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: WJH1970

Hi,

I think the other option is to re-install Vault. If that doesn't help then please contact Product Support.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 5 of 5
WJH1970
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Hello...

Thank you for the additional suggestion. I think I may have discovered the root cause is corruption within my user profile. I had another person log onto my PC, and everything works fine for them. When I log in, it does not work. Now it's a matter of waiting for IT to help resolve.

Bill Henry
Design/Drafting Supervisor
First Quality Products
Ph. 570-769-4278

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report