Contributor
Ezekiel12
Message 1 of 2 (78 Views)
Accepted Solution

Lock mapped properties

78 Views, 1 Replies
11-21-2013 04:18 AM

Hello i am trying to solve this problem:

I maped ACAD atributes to Vault properties - and some properties that i have now in Vault, I need them locked for most of the user... For example I create contract in Vault, create ACAD file with some atributes. Then upload it to Vault. This file will be template for another ACAD files in this contract and i want like 2 atributes (properties) to be locked from this time (like contract number and investor for example...).

Do you have any idea how to solve it?

I have solved part of this problem by ACAD block, atributes and insert it as reference to new files but that's just part of solution.

Thank you :smileyhappy:

Employee
mikel.martin
Message 2 of 2 (75 Views)

Re: Lock mapped properties

11-21-2013 04:31 AM in reply to: Ezekiel12

You make properties read or write (or both) to an attribute.

But you can not make a property that is only editable by some users.

If the user has the ability to edit the file then they can edit any of the properties associated to the file.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
PLM / Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community