Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local copy stays newer than data in the vault

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1640 Views, 7 Replies

Local copy stays newer than data in the vault

Hi,

I am wondering if you can help me. We just changed our Workspace location (working folder) by enforcing a new one from the Autodesk Vault 2013.

It was on the main drive (C:/...) and is now on a reserved drive (H:/...)

We adjusted the project file to the new working folder.

The problem is that now, when I "Get" a file (iam, ipt, idw, etc...) from the Vault, it indicates that the local copy is newer (green icon).

I've tried deleting the old folder (that was on C:/...) but I still have the problem.

I've also tried to check out any file, saved it and check it in back but still, right after the check in, the Vault indicates that the local copy (on my drive H:/...) is newer.

Have you ever had this issue and if yes, how did you solved it?

Thank you very much!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
junyi_zhu
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you seeing green icon in Vault Explorer or the vault browser in Inventor? If you do the get or check-in and then observe the the icon using the same client (explorer or Inventor), it would be quite odd to see this issue. If you are doing things at both places, I would suggest to verify the Inventor project settings to make sure they are in sync with vault working folders. You could be looking at the same set of files in different locations.

Junyi Zhu

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Actually, I have this issue in vault explorer and in the vault browser in inventor.  Even if I get and check out the file, modify it a little, save and do a check in, it stays green and says that my local copy is newer than the data in the vault.

You can see the attachments, the first picture is what I see before I get or Check out any files. (those files are standards so we let them checked out by Administrator so no one could modify them)

The 2nd picture shows what I see after I get the files. The same thing happens if I do a check out and than a check in. The minute that the file is back in the vault (checked in), the green icon is back.

But, this is not happening when I set my working folder on the main drive (C:), only when working on another drive (H:) even if we set up a new project file in Inventor.

Do you think you understand what is the problem?

Message 4 of 8
Senthil_Kumar

I tried the same workflow with the Mapped drive and I am not seeing the issue. Please refer the video from this location http://www.screencast.com/t/VM49garL and let me know if I miss any step.

Can you also please check the following?

1. Show Working Folder Location in Vault Explorer - Tools->Options

2. Check whether Working Folder Location and the Inventor Workspace Location are same or not

3. Also Check the download location in Get / Check out dialog by expanding the dialog using ">>" button. Ensure the location shown is same as the Inventor Workspace.

GetCheckOut.png

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Ok, to make it easier and clearer, I did a step-by-step (pictures 1 to 9 in the PDF attached) that shows the issue I have.

Picture 1: Working folder option (enforcing consistent ... for all clients on my drive S:...)

Picture 2: What I see in the vault explorer.

Picture 3: I've created a new project ipj that reffers to the new drive and want to add it in the vault. (ipj that is located on my new drive S:...)

Picture 4: Adding the new ipj file in the vault.

Picture 5: As soon as it is added, the file turns green

Picture 6: I'm checking out the file (you can also see the expanded dialog box atr the bottom of the picture (reffers to the drive S:...)

Picture 7: The file is checked out to Administrator and a 2nd version has been created.

Picture 8: Check in the file back to the vault

Picture 9: Nothing changed.  The file is still green and the 2nd version has not been saved in the vault (it is back to the first version of 8:30 AM when is should be the 2nd version of 8:34 AM)

Now, it does the same with iam or ipt files as well. So, My vault does not seem to save my changes...

Do you think you understand what is going on?

Message 6 of 8
Senthil_Kumar

Thanks for your reply and the pictures. Please note that IPJ files always show green as long as It is been used in Inventor. Can you please give me snapshots of the same issue with an IPT file?

Also please enable the working folder location in vault explorer. The pictures dont show that location in PDF. A snapshot of the Inventor project file location also needed.

BTW did you watch the video that I sent? Am I missing anything?

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Hi,

I've watched your video and I did exactly what you did but got the same result.  See pictures attached.

You have the location indicated in the vault explorer.  Our project vault is located on our S: drive and is set correctly.  Everything seems to be working fine, when we get the files, they go to the right location (on our S: drive) but, the data seems to be wrong.  I tried on different computer but always got the same results.  

What's funny is that it is always the same files that are shown as "Local copy is newer than...".

I am presently running out of ideas...

Message 8 of 8
Senthil_Kumar

We have to look into your system. So if you are under subscription please log a support case and someone from Support team will help you.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report