Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Server error: Wrong Parameter

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Mr.Caro
492 Views, 8 Replies

Job Server error: Wrong Parameter

Hello everyone,

as we try to create dwf's from idw files with the Job Processor, the following error appears: "Wrong Parameter". The properties are updated, and also the revision tableThe problem is not the Job Processor itself, because, as we try to update the dwf view locally, this error pops out: " Failed to create the visualizytion file. No visualization file was created.", for every type of file.

We have tried everything listed on internet: different publish configurations , new install from Design Review 2013, DWG Trueview 2015 and Vault Client 2015, and some more things.

Inventor can create dwf files, and when we check in a file in Vault the dwf file will also be created. 

We are using Windows 2012 R12, SQL Serer Express 2012 SP1, Vault Professional 2015 R1  and Inventor 2014.

Thanks in advance,

CARLOS

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
smithmat
in reply to: Mr.Caro

Carlos,

How do you queue the DWF create job?  Through Vault?  Through Inventor?  Some other way?

Can you share a screenshot or video showing when/where you see the error:

Failed to create the visualizytion file. No visualization file was created.

Thanks,

- Matt

Message 3 of 9
bverboort
in reply to: smithmat

having pretty much the same issue. Opened a case with Autodesk (Support CaseNo:09871758)

several CER's submitted over the past few weeks. VERY repeatable

Video of the issue here:

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/db027d6c-acd4-493e-b56e-30fc37587023

Best,

Brian

Message 4 of 9
smithmat
in reply to: bverboort

This looks like a different issue than the one reported by Mr. Caro.  He gets different errors reporeted than you.

In your case DWG TrueView is crashing (DWG Trueview is being used by the job handler to create the DWF).  The job fails because DWG Trueview crashes.

• Does this happen on only certain files or all files?
  • Try manually opening the DWG within Autodesk DWG TrueView 2015 and attempt to export it as a DWF.  Does it crash when doing this manually?

Thanks,

- Matt

Message 5 of 9
bverboort
in reply to: smithmat

Hi Matt,

Thanks for taking a look.

When I export as DWF from within TrueView I can see the command run.... but then nothing. no error, but no DWF either.

Strange!

Then when I try to close Trueview it crashed:

Thank you for sending your error report CER_99655533 to Autodesk

Message 6 of 9
smithmat

Very strange.  Does this happen with all files or just certain ones?  

You've done the right thing in opening a support case, so hopefully they are able to help from that end.

- Matt

Message 7 of 9
bverboort

This is not isolated to a single file. As far as I can tell, It happens for all DWG files. I too tried a download and reinstall of TrueView and Design Review
Message 8 of 9
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: Mr.Caro

Have you solved that "Wrong Parameter" issue?

Message 9 of 9

In my case fixing red values in Inventor Settings ("File" Tab) helped...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report