Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Inventor drawings in Vault

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
GeoffreyReynolds
4680 Views, 8 Replies

Issue with Inventor drawings in Vault

"One or more documents have been modified but Save was unsuccessful. You must

save the document prior to check in."

I have had to work remotly for the last few days updating a machine. I pulled everything off vault, made the required changes. Then I deleted all the files off vault to re-add everything. I then added all the IPT files and then from vault started to check in the IDW files. Not all but some are having this issue I have quoted above. 

On a side note if I drawing loses its assiation in Vault for what ever reason how can I reattach them.

Thankyou. 

Geoff. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

The following thread may help you.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Vault-Save-Check-in-Error/td-p/3379857

Regarding your question on Drawing file association, the only option i can think of is to delete the file in vault and check-it again from CAD application.

Hope that helps!

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 9

Hi,

In that thread we have workarounds not solutions. Maybe someone at AD can pick up this issue and handle it.

I see this save problem every day and different sites. 

Thanks,

Dan

Message 4 of 9

hi senthil..

i have the same problem (see images)

in my case, i create new drawing file from an assembly ( with asteris mark--see in the drawing ).

i can save in my local pc, but i cannot Check in to vault.

for additional information, i'm using vault and inventor 2014 servicepack 1.

please your advice.

Thanks..

daily works with :
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor Profesional 2014.
AutoCAD Mechanical 2014.
Autodesk Vault Profesional 2014.
Message 5 of 9

Hi,

Expand all the files in the Vault browser and then use the following filter to see which file is modified - but not checked out. Then try to check out that file, save and then try check-in. Hope that helps.

Filter.png

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 9

Thanks, this tips very helpfull for me..

daily works with :
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor Profesional 2014.
AutoCAD Mechanical 2014.
Autodesk Vault Profesional 2014.
Message 7 of 9
BNG73
in reply to: akhidrosyidi

Hi,

I also have this problem, and I too use this work around to allow the necessary assembly to check in, but very often I am of the mind that there is no change between the vaulted files and those that I am trying to check in. Is it possible that these so called 'modified files' in truth are not modified? 

Thank you.

Inventor Professional 2014
Message 8 of 9
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: BNG73

Hi,

Do you have an example to show this behaviour? If yes please send us the workflow along with the dataset and we can look into that.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 9
jan6W352
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

In my opinion there is a problem with handle the file.

Always when I do have a Large Assembly and my colleagues are working in files below my assy I experience this problem.

Work around? Nope Assys with about 20-140 K components I am not very interested in searching for which file are messed up. 

On my hdd I am allowed to save the top assembly and nothing else. When I want to check in the file I am not allowed. 

When I am able to check in just the top this issue will be history for me. The files below will be ready when each one of my colleagues are ready with the file. As long as I am dependent of what is happening down below my assy This problem will occur for me. Yes today I have to save my assy local until all files are ready.

As the top assy updates the lates files from Vault when I have them on my local disc. This will also work If I would be able to check in just my assy and nothing More. Only when I have created new parts that is not checked in to Vault I want a notification or be stopped.

Well, it works for me to save my assy local until the other files are ready. But Oh my, the day I forget myself and press refresh so the file will be overwritten from the file in Vault. I am able to loose weeks of job.

In my opinnion. Dont let vault decide which files I have to upload. Today it forces me to Check in files that I am not even responsible for, if I need to check in my assy so my colleagues can open and see how I am planning the geometry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report