Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue checking in Inventor drawings that are attached to parts of a sub assembly

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
montylowe
836 Views, 12 Replies

Issue checking in Inventor drawings that are attached to parts of a sub assembly

I am having an issue getting inventor dwg files to check in with main assembly drawing. These files are details of parts of the assembly that is used in the Assembly drawing. All that parts go in fine but the attached dwg's will not check in with uper level assembly drawing. running Inventor 11 and Vault 11................

Tags (3)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: montylowe

Do you get any error during check-in? If yes please share the error message. Also if possible please share the dataset also. If you do not want to share it here you can send it to senthilDOTkumarATautodeskDOTcom.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 13
montylowe

No error are given it just wont take the attached dwg files.

Message 4 of 13
Senthil_Kumar

Then we need to have a look at the dataset. So please share it. If you do not want to share the dataset then plese log a support case with the Product Support Team. They should be able to help you.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 13
montylowe
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

How do you want me to send the dataset? do like a pack and go??

Message 6 of 13
Senthil_Kumar

Yes. Pack and Go should be way. Thanks.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 13
Q-Bixx

What he meant is the following : (I'm facing the same annoyance)

Supposed an assembly named AAA.iam that contains parts BBB and CCC, both *ipt's.

The assembly has an drawing named AAA.dwg, parts BBB and CCC both have a drawing as well (BBB.dwg and CCC.dwg)

If he checks in AAA.dwg only the parts (BBB.ipt and CCC.ipt) and the assembly (AAA.iam) are checked in and not the sub-dwg's. (BBB.dwg and CC.dwg)

Is there a way to check in every sub-drawing as well in one check in action of the main dwg? In this case AAA.dwg.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 13
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: Q-Bixx

Yes. It is possible. Which release of Inventor and Vault you are using? If you are in Vault/Inventor 2013 or above, during Check-in you can see the option to "Include Related Files". Use that option to include the Related files.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 13
Q-Bixx

I'm using Inventor and VC 2013 so i'll have to check that out then.

Thanks!

Message 10 of 13
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: Q-Bixx

This is what I meant.

RF NOT Included.png

RF Included.png

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 13
Q-Bixx

Yup, i've found it. I had my Dialog Suppression for Check In checkmarked. Therefor i didn't see the pop-up window at first.

So switch of the suppression 😉

Message 12 of 13
mmartin2008

We just updated from 2012 to 2014 Inventor and Vault this week. One of the first items that I've notice is the .DWG drawing files not checking back into Vault. Apparently it's a bug within the software, that i still haven't seen a direct solution for?! My fix for this unfortunate incident was to "save as" the drawing file to an .idw, then check that into the vault and then delete the .dwg file. What else can I do, your program is costing my company a lot of money for not working properly.
Message 13 of 13
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: mmartin2008

Did you try this solution ? If not please try and let us know - http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Can-not...

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report