Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor/Vault getting previous version, proper procedure?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Infoseeker
617 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor/Vault getting previous version, proper procedure?

Can someone describe proper procedure for a design milestone, revision so to speak, that could be retrieved later on.

I want to be able to go back to todays state of assemblies/drawings but need to change them to a new version and dont have time to copy design...

As far as I understand getting previous version of assemblies, drawings, so on, its not just get/open type of thing, since vault will not let you work with non-updated version of files and so on...

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: Infoseeker

How do you have your revision schemes setup?  Do you have secondary revisions setup? (i.e. A1, A2 etc)

You can call those up directly out of the vault.

But to some degree it almost looks like you are trying to do what vault can't do at the present which speaks to my idea below.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault-IdeaStation/Ability-in-Vault-to-Roll-Back-Revisions/idi...

If none of the above are what you are trying to do, then if you could go into more elaborate detail that would help.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 9
Infoseeker
in reply to: Cadmanto

I thought you can create design label which would be your design milestone that can be retrieved in the future if needed.

I thought that being able to  go back to a previous versions of your work is one of the main features of vaults functionality. 

Message 4 of 9
Cadmanto

I am not familiar with that terminology.  What version of Inventor and vault (wg, pro, colaboration) are you using?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 9
Infoseeker

Vault Pro 2013, Inventor Pro 2013

Message 6 of 9
Cadmanto

That would explain it.  I am only using vault workgroup.  I did some research after my last posting and based on what I read, the labels and milestones seem like they should do what you are asking to do.

I have placed a request to move this thread into the vault forum.  I feel you should get better answers there.  This seemed to me to be more of a vault issue/question then Inventor.  Sorry I couldn't help more.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 9
Infoseeker

Thanks.

Message 8 of 9
Infoseeker

I am new to label process and want to clarify.

Labels create design milestone ponuit on .iam files, not .idw's?

Which means if I have to change title blocks only, then they are not applicable.

Message 9 of 9
mikel_martin

If you are trying to create a revision milestone in Vault Workgroup (or above) you should use the file revision functionality built into the product.

When you create a revision of a file a relationship is built to the revision of the files that are being refferenced.

You can then do an open or get and select the specfic revision you want. Which will include the referenced files at the correct revisions.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report