Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing CSV into Custom Objects

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cvdcage
415 Views, 3 Replies

Importing CSV into Custom Objects

Hello,

We're testing out Vault Professional and want to use Custom Objects to keep track of our Series and Spaces. We want to bulk import the objects but unfortunately the (ERP) Import Wizard is not available.

Is there a solution for this?

Mvg,

Christiaan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Esky99!
in reply to: cvdcage

I'm guessing there was no response here? I'm also interested in this functionality.
Message 3 of 4
mikel_martin
in reply to: Esky99!

There is no direct way to create custom objects from an external source such as a csv file.

You may however use the API to create custom objects. You could use this to create a tool to read your file and create the required objects.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 4
Eli_Dexter
in reply to: mikel_martin

It is almost 9 years since the post has been posted and still no updates to this feature?

I know thing or two about programming, but, unfortunately, Vault API is way to complicated for me. I do not even know where to start. I have worked with CoolOrange PowerVault and been able to import other types of data into the Vault, but PowerVault, for some reason, does not support Custom Objects either. It look like, at this time we are stuck with bringing 10+k rows of data manually...😞.

Does anybody knows about publicly available API functions to accomplish this task?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report