Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to share "My Shortcuts" with other Vault Users?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
AleGF1
573 Views, 10 Replies

How to share "My Shortcuts" with other Vault Users?

I am the Admin at our Vault program. However, I need to be able to share "My Shortcut" folder with other non-admin users. How can I do this ?

Thank You,

Ale

10 REPLIES 10
Message 3 of 11
AleGF1
in reply to: cbenner

This is the third time I've encountered someone mentioning this program! 🙂

The thing is , the network I am working in has a lot of restrictions, I tried to download this software but it won't let me.

Just out of curiosity for Thunderstorm

1. Does it cost $?

2. Do all of my coworkers have to install Thunderstorm in order to be able to access My Shortcuts?

3. How exactly would thunderstorm allow me to share My shortcuts?

Thank you!,

Any help is appreciated,

Best,

Ale

Message 4 of 11
mark.cloyed
in reply to: AleGF1

The actual path to the searches will be similar to this:

%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\VaultCommon\Servers\Services_Security_11_15_2011\<server_name>\Vaults\<vault_name>\Searches

The Services_Security_xx_xx_xxxx folder will vary with each model year of the vault software, so you will need to determine the right one.  The one above is for 2014.  The variable %userprofile% is specific to the user logged into the system, so if you gather your searches into a shared folder on a server, you can create a batch file that will copy those search files to the path above for that particular user on that particular workstation.

Thanks,
Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 5 of 11
AleGF1
in reply to: cbenner

It seems like I might be able to install this from the link you gave me.

But do all my coworkers need to install it as well?

Message 6 of 11
AleGF1
in reply to: mark.cloyed

I am not surehow to carry out the procedure you mentioned. I'm fairly new to vault. How would  I gather my searches into a shared folder on a server?

Thank you ,

Ale

Message 7 of 11
cbenner

Thunderdome is a free download.  All users need to have the program loaded on their PC.  When you make changes to shortcuts, or saved searches, screen configurations etc... you create a deployment.  Next time the users log in it updates their Vault CLient to your saved deployment.  You choose what you want to deploy, so it doesn't have to be everything.

I've used it since last summer and it works great.

Message 8 of 11
mark.cloyed

If you check this path on your workstation, you should see the files that store the searches you have saved.  I would copy these files to a folder on a server, and create a batch file that copies these search files from that folder on the server to the folder listed in the previous post.  The user must run the batch file and must have the permissions to copy these files to their workstation.

Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 9 of 11
AleGF1
in reply to: mark.cloyed

vault_name, server_name, those will change as well I'm assuming? How would I determine the Services_Security_xx_xx_xxxx folder ?

Thank you,

Ale

Message 10 of 11
mark.cloyed

Yes and yes.  The server name is specific, as is the vault name.  The Services_Security folder is specific to the model year of vault.  For example, Vault 2014 uses 'Services_Security_11_15_2011', Vault 2013 uses 'Services_Security_6_29_2011', while Vault 2015 uses 'Services_Security_1_28_2013'.  These I acquired over time using the product.

Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 11 of 11
brendan.henderson

As an alternative to Thunderdome (which I have tried to use b ut failed) I use this which is also free and is very easy to deploy http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/VLTC/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3aotsyncvau...

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report