Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle existing Vault files with Autoloader.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jtrain
955 Views, 5 Replies

How to handle existing Vault files with Autoloader.

I am trying to move files into the Vault using Autoloader.

Some of the files I am trying to move already exist in the Vault.

Autoloader skips those files, which would be OK, however it also generates an error for any files that reference those files.

For example, an ipt file used in an assembly and a drawing is already in the vault.

When I try to load the drawing or assembly into the vault they won't load because the ipt didn't load.

How do I work around this?

I have thousands of files I need to add.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jtrain

I have better luck using 'task scheduler' to load Inventor document into the Vault.

First load in IPT, then IAM...  IPN... IDW / DWG.  In that order.  Never an issue, and easier / faster than autoloader.

Message 3 of 6
DVDM

I tried using Autoloader when I first started with Vault, but what a pile of **** it is.

Instead, I moved the files I wanted to get into Vault into my local vault workspace, would open a top level assembly or IDW, and then load that into Vault. THis will bring all it's dependents along as well.

I also used 'population assemblies', just start an assembly and place a whole bunch of parts & assemblies in there. Then load this assembly into Vault, it will bring along all dependecies, and afterwards delete this population assembly.

Give up on Autoloader, you'll waste way more time than it's supposed to save you. Not even their creators could hop on this forum to give you some hints, they probably wouldn't have a clue themselves.

Message 4 of 6
andrewwhiteinc

I ran into this yesterday where I had to check-in a bunch of files as well. I got kind of a funny work around. Mouse Recorder Pro 2 is a free ware program that records mouse movements and keyboard inputs. With all the files open, I recorded the mouse saving the file, clicking on the vault tab, check in the file, click ok click ok, wait, close the file, and repeat. Lol. I left the script run all night and it checked in all my files (~150) . It's kind of a work around I guess? Alot less than ideal for sure Smiley Tongue

P. Andrew White, P.Eng
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Silent-Aire Manufacturing
Message 5 of 6
DVDM
in reply to: andrewwhiteinc

It's an interesting solution. Was that for Office or AutoCAD files?

For Inventor files it would have been much quicker to drag and drop all files (ipt/iam) from Win Explorer into an open assembly file in Inventor, save it, check the whole lot in, and delete the assembly file afterwards.

Message 6 of 6
andrewwhiteinc
in reply to: DVDM

For sure, we had to check in the drawings with the parts which created the hassle.

P. Andrew White, P.Eng
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Silent-Aire Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report