Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get a packed and go project in to a different Vault?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JRW.BGB.USA
448 Views, 4 Replies

How do you get a packed and go project in to a different Vault?

Hi Folks,

I need to transfer a lot of drawings and models from our site in the UK's Vault to our site in the USA's Vault.

Basicly i want to copy the drawings and models accross so I can change borders and details for our own use.

I have used pack and go to get the files i need in a single folder on my hard drive. I then try to use Autoloader to put the files in my USA Vault and this is where it all goes down hill..........Fast!

When i do the file scan the autoloader requires an IPJ to use so i use the one that came in the pack and go from the UK vault and all the files check through fine. When i go to upload the files in to my USA vault i get an error that it cant resolve the files and wont let me load them in the vault.

If i use the USA Vault ipj on the file scan then the file scan cant find all the depenant files even though they are in the same folder as the parent part........

Does any one have a guide on what I should be doing as none of the help ages i have found explain how to pack and go from one Vault and autoload in to another Vault?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JRW.BGB.USA
in reply to: JRW.BGB.USA

Ok I have solved my problem.

I needed to edit the BUU.xml file to direct autoloader to the correct .IPJ file I wanted to use as my standard IPJ.

I got the gist of what to do from this thread http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-General/Change-Autoloader-default-folder/td-p/3296285

but be warned the link in the second reply "the solution" does not work, it just takes you to a Vault over view page. So if there is a thread with a better explanaition of what to do please post it up.

Message 3 of 5
yosso22
in reply to: JRW.BGB.USA

Seems as if adsk broke a lot of links when they did a site upgrade earlier this year (or was it last year).   

Hopefully somebody will correct the broken link issue.

Thanks for sharing.

M.

Give Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
yosso22
in reply to: yosso22

Found this last night, a PDF with all the steps spelled out clearly and concisely.

Give Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
JRW.BGB.USA
in reply to: yosso22

WOW! nice find Yosso22! That would of helped me out for sure. Glad you found that to help support the failed thread link I found.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report