Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotfix: Vault Basic Office add-in tab cannot display correctly in MS-Office

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
315 Views, 4 Replies

Hotfix: Vault Basic Office add-in tab cannot display correctly in MS-Office

Hi, I tried the workaround as described under the following link: http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/EDM_OfficeAddin_Readme_2013_ENU_v2.html My problem is that i cannot find the specified path where these files ("VaultAddInRes.dll" and “VaultClientRes.dll”) are stored. Can someone may help me with these files? Thanks a lot in advance. Best regards, Daniel
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: Anonymous

Here is the Readme which has the location.

For installed Vault Basic 2013 64 bit:

1. Copy file "VaultAddInRes.dll" and “VaultClientRes.dll” from your Vault Basic Client installation folder (If you use DVD then the location is from that):

"(Your installation folder)\x86\[lang-lang]\Vault\Program Files\Autodesk\Data Management Applications\Office Addin 2013\"

2. Navigate to the folder below:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Data Management Applications\Office Addin 2013\"

3. Paste "VaultAddInRes.dll" and “VaultClientRes.dll” to above folder overwriting the existing files.

Hope this helps!

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Thanks a lot for your fast answer. The problem is that I cannot find the Vault Basic Client installation folder. The only folder that I find is the folder where to copy the files to ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Data Management Applications\Office Addin 2013\") Best regards, Daniel
Message 4 of 5
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: Anonymous

From where did you install the Vault Basic? If you have installed it from CD please check the location at the CD.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

downloaded the software from the Education Community using the Install Now method.

vault.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report