Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get File Properties when using FindFilesBySearchConditions vault 2011

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sscaife
391 Views, 3 Replies

Get File Properties when using FindFilesBySearchConditions vault 2011

Hi

I am writing an app that interfaces with vault and one of the searches I need to do when it has found the matching files is display a grid using specific file properties. When I do the advanced search through vault with the column layout I require it is lightning fast. I have checked in Fiddler and onyl see two web service calls by vault which are FindFilesBySearchConditions and GetLatestFilesByMasterIds

When I do it via code it is painfully slow, the search using FindFilesBySearchConditions is fast enough but it doesn't have any of the file properties, as I can't see how the vault client manages it I have scanned the API docs and found a method called GetProperties on the Document Service web service, it is this call that takes forever. There must be another method call I can use, I have looked at one of the file objects returned by FindFilesBySearchConditions and it doesn't have any file properties.

Anybody know what the vault client is doing that I am obviously missing?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sscaife
in reply to: sscaife

should mention that these are UDPs if that makes any difference to the answer
Message 3 of 4
olearya
in reply to: sscaife

Hey there,

You should look to post this in the Vault Customization DG here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault-Customization/bd-p/301 if you haven't already

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 4
sscaife
in reply to: olearya

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report