Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full text searching - how to

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
katterbauer
255 Views, 1 Reply

Full text searching - how to

hi,

i´m getting a little bit confused about how to enable full text searching in vault prof. 2012 on a windows server 2008.

which steps and prerequisites have to be done to get this to work correctly? i know that you have to enable full text indexing in the adms console for the vault. but i could not find information about the windows features that have to be turned on/off.

some say that you have to turn on windows indexing service, others say that you have to turn this one off and instead turn on windows desktop search on both - client and server?

could someone give information on what to install on the windows server/client side to enable full text searching in the 2012 edition of vault?

thx, klaus

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
paul.gunn
in reply to: katterbauer

Hi Klaus,

In 2012, no additional features need to be turned on. You just need to enable full content via ADMS console to make this feature available. You will need to have iFilters installed for the file types you are interested in - these usually come from the company that developed the file format [e.g. Microsoft has iFilter packs for their office file formats available for download].

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report