Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 303 when trying to delete

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cliff.haynes
4786 Views, 3 Replies

Error 303 when trying to delete

I am trying to delete some obsolete files while logged in as administrator. I receive the following error:

Error 303: You do not have adequate permissions to delete this file.

These files have been moved to a 'trash' folder and the links have been broken. I can delete other files that are not obsolete. I have checked the folder permissions and the permissions on the obsolete state, and admin has delete privelages to both. Anything else that could cause me not to be able to delete these files? I really need them gone so I can enforce unique filenames.

Details:

logged in as admin

Vault Workgroup 2012

client is running on windows XP 64bit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Miquel
in reply to: cliff.haynes

can you delete this file in WIP state? try it.

Message 3 of 4
yuhui.zhang
in reply to: cliff.haynes

In Out of Box settings, state security of Obsolete is set to readonly to everyone, you may get the lock icon on the main view for this kind of files.

If you want to perform delete operation on files in Obsolete state, you can modify the security setting for obsolete state.

e.g. remove Everyone from access control list, add  Administrator (user or group) allowto all permission, and other users/Groups readonly permissions.

Or, you could check on 'No State-based security' if you want regardless state control for obsoleted file.  Thus every user in Administrator or Document Editor (Level2) role be able to delete it.

appendix A- Out of box settting

outofbox.png

B - Configure to allow administrator delete.

reset.png

Hope it helps.

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Message 4 of 4
cliff.haynes
in reply to: yuhui.zhang

Thanks, this cleared it up. So if Admin group has all access and engineering has no access, then a user of both groups will have no access? That is how it seems after some experimentation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report