Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entity icon

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jparks_79
1453 Views, 3 Replies

Entity icon

Hello There,

We have a few installations of Vault Pro 2012 where the users do not of any other cad applications installed.

The issue I want to address is the icon for the file type appears blank on these machines. In otherwords, the icon in Vault explorer is a white sheet instead of the normal ipt, idw, iam... icons

Is there anyway to have these show? Again, they only have vault pro 2012 and the design review software installed. Is true view and inventor view required?

Thanks,

Jeremy

ss.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
smithmat
in reply to: jparks_79

I believe the icon is simply reflecting the OS icon for a file.  Normally installing Inventor would set up the file associations.  If you want it to occur without installation, you would need to obtain the icons and manually set the icon for the file types.  

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh127427(v=vs.85).aspx 

Message 3 of 4
r.smith1
in reply to: jparks_79

Hi Jeremy,

Matt has the right idea.  You may also try to install the viewer applications for the various file types (if they exist) on the user machine, so they build the file association relationship.  You can easily find DWGTTrueView, design review and inventor view on your 2012 installer media.  You will need to search on line for Microsoft viewers and adobe viewers etc. if these are desired.  

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 4
jparks_79
in reply to: r.smith1

Hi Ron,

I went ahead and installed the viewers on a machine. It looks liked the trueview helped the DWG files, but the inventor association still wasn't created. When trying to open the ipt or idw, I had to tell windows that I wanted to open with inventor view.

The icon changed, but not to what I expected. See below. Any suggestions on how to get the normal inventor icons without having to update the registry?

screenshot2.jpg

Desired display

Capture.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums