Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enforcing the Working Folder with "My Documents"

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
petrxn
563 Views, 9 Replies

Enforcing the Working Folder with "My Documents"

Hello,

I am not able to force working folder with prefix "My Documents" with Vault 2013. There wasno problemwith version 2012 and older but new Vault 2013 does not understand this prefix. To be exact, we use CZE localization and there was possible tu use "Mé Dokumenty". There is possible to set path with this prefix, but is not possible get or put files from vault. Print screen enclosed. Could you check this in an other enviroment?

Many thanks

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: petrxn

Hi,

I tested the same in English and I do not see the message and files are getting downloaded.

I tested the same in CZE. I do see the message. But the file ARE getting downloaded. Are you not getting the files?

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 10
petrxn
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Hi,

thanks for testing. Yes the files are downloaded, but to the wrong location. In my case, Vault created foledr "Mé dokumenty" on desktop. True location of "My Documents" is D:\Dokumenty on this computer.

Message 4 of 10
Senthil_Kumar

For me also the folder got created in the Desktop. I also tested 2012 on the same machine and I see the difference. This is what I am seeing

2013 - C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Mé Dokumenty\Vault

2012 - C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Vault

I am forwarding the issue to the development team to take a look. Thanks for reporting this issue.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 10
petrxn

Thank you.

Message 6 of 10
ihayesjr

Try using %USERPROFILE%\My Docuements\Vault.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 7 of 10
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: ihayesjr

Thanks Irvin. That works.

Hi petrxn!

Can you pleas try "%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Vault" ? With that I no longer get the warning message and also the download goes to proper folder.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 10
petrxn

Thanks, but it does not work. The Document folder is not under %USERPROFILE% in my system therefore the result of this setting is different folder. See enclosed pdf.

Petr

Message 9 of 10
JamesMcMullen

Hello Petr,

Does everyone in your company use the same "D:\Dokumenty" folder?  If so, I would just make that your default.  I did a Google search for DOS and "My Documents" and didn't see an environment variable that will help.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 10 of 10
petrxn

Hi,

at the moment yes but this is not strong rule and in some case there are used other locations. I have configured vault to "hard" folder D:\Dokumenty, but I think that this is not good solution. I would preffer that this will work in same way as previous version.

Thank you for your help.

Petr

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report