Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECO's

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Raider_71
580 Views, 7 Replies

ECO's

Hi all,

I don't seem to understand how ECO's work. I have set up PS to restrict Lifecycle changes to change orders. I then log in with a user-name that's got PS Creator permissions. This user also has all the has all the ECO routing roles.

What is the procedure from here?
I cannot change the Item from Released to WIP without an ECO. When I create an ECO and put it in Work state I still cannot change the state to do the work??? I don't understand.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Pieter
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
carrie.ruan
in reply to: Raider_71

Hi Pieter,

Turn on the 'Restrict Item Lifecycle Changes to Change Orders' check box to disable manual lifecycle state changes for any user other than those with the Administrator role. So two methods you can try in this situation:

1. Login with Administrator, it can change item's state form Released to WIP without an ECO.

2. For other user they need to change item’s state with ECO. The process as following: Create an ECO for this item, and put it status to Open, Work, In Review or Approved, then Edit the ECO, select Items tab, 'Change state' command will be available by right click the related item, and you can change the Released state to WIP now.

Thanks,
Carrie
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

To add to Carrie's comment - each user has a particular set of actions they
can do in the ECO regardless of their permissions based on their ECO Role.
For example when the ECO is in the Work State only a user with "Responsible
Engineer" can make the state change:

I've attached a simple Cheat Sheet I use to help me set things up.

(There are tutorials in the help file as well I believe)

--
Brian Roepke
Sr. Product Line Manager
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

"Carrie Ruan" wrote in message news:5986089@discussion.autodesk.com...
> Hi Pieter,
>
> Turn on the 'Restrict Item Lifecycle Changes to Change Orders' check box
> to disable manual lifecycle state changes for any user other than those
> with the Administrator role. So two methods you can try in this situation:
>
> 1. Login with Administrator, it can change item's state form Released to
> WIP without an ECO.
>
> 2. For other user they need to change item’s state with ECO. The process
> as following: Create an ECO for this item, and put it status to Open,
> Work, In Review or Approved, then Edit the ECO, select Items tab, 'Change
> state' command will be available by right click the related item, and you
> can change the Released state to WIP now.
>
> Thanks,
> Carrie
Message 4 of 8
ElwenCao

As Brian said, user should have "Responsible Engineer" role when edit the co in work state.
To add another points, I see in your e-mail, you have new a change order and try to change state by it, but not success, if so please check the co's Routing tab,to see if current user have Responsible Engineer role, if not, you can add it by edit this co manually.
Message 5 of 8
Raider_71

Thanks for the advice guys! However I have done all the things you said in the posts above but only get the open option when I rightclick the Item. Not Change state???

The item is in the Work state
The current user (whom also created the eco) has the "responsible engineer" rights under routing etc. What else could I try or look at?

Pieter
Message 6 of 8
TommyQian

Hi Pieter,

You may invoke the wrong dialog. By default, double click the ECO will invoke the view and respond dialog and in this dialog, you only can transfer the ECO state, you cannot do modification.

So you should right click the ECO and select Edit command from the context menu, and then you will find the Change State command available when right click the item.

Thanks,
Tommy
Message 7 of 8
Raider_71

Excellent! Thanks a lot guys! It works!
Not the easiest thing to find though.

Pieter
Message 8 of 8
scottmoyse
in reply to: Anonymous

Is this document still current Brian? Is a bloody gem! I don't think it is in the help files or on the Wiki, the information may be there, but its not laid out in these brilliant tables.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report