Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Number Property - String length - PAD with Zeros

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
matt.whittred
234 Views, 0 Replies

Drawing Number Property - String length - PAD with Zeros

Hi Guys, I am currently finalising a Vault Collaboration implementation for my company.  One of my property fields is called "Sequential" which is a portion of our overall drawing number.  This number should be a 6 digit property (nnnnnn).

I have a revision scheme in place which when the number is autogenerated via the revision scheme it is 'padded' with zeros on the front to ensure the 6 digits (eg, "003018").

My problem is that there is a substantial amount of entries in our vault that have only got 4 digits in this "Sequential" property.

I am looking for a way to update the the existing entries in the "Sequential" property in our vault from 4 digits to 6 digits in a 'Bulk' way, (not one by one).

I can edit the Property Settings under the administration tab to set a 'Minimun' & 'Maximum' string length however this does not 'Pad' the length of the text string, it simply gives me a property complience error because the string length is not 6 digits.  I DO understand why this is the case.

Can anyone offer any suggestions to update all of the properties that are not 6 digits?

Thanks in advance for any help...Matt

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report