Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Delete working copies' does not include .idw's

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sk
Participant
357 Views, 3 Replies

'Delete working copies' does not include .idw's

Hi.

When checking in a project, with the 'Delete working copies' box checked, i am always left with all the drawing files(.idw's) still in my workingfolder.

Seems like vault 'forget' to swipe the idw's, but all model files(.ipt, .iam etc.) are deleted though!?

Any exlpenation for this, a setting somewhere i am missing?

Regards

/sk

AI Suite 2011

Vault Basic 2013

Win 7 pro

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: sk

That's by design.  If you want to achieve that, check the project in from in the drawing.  It will check in the drawing, as well as any associated assemblies and parts.  If there is more than one drawing, the assemblies and/or parts will be checked in with the first one, then you'll have to check in and delete local on the rest of the drawings.

Message 3 of 4
jacoj
in reply to: sk

good day,

is there some meens of enforcing the user or files to be deleted directly from the working folder, ones it has been checked in...

I dont want any file or copies on the local working folders.

Jaco

Message 4 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: jacoj

Outside of the "check in and delete local" I am not aware of any way to enforce other than through your internal CAD standards and training.  I would be very cautious asking people to remove files from the working folders before they are certain that everything has been vaulted and is up to date.  And make sure you have good backups.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report