Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a user account

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rsander
798 Views, 4 Replies

Delete a user account

There is no referenced method in Vaul for entirely removing/deleting a user account.

In our office, where turnover of contract employees happens frequently, it is very

cumbersome to have to retain all user profiles.  Surely there is a way to delete a user

record without having them remain on your server for life with no access permissions.

R. Sander

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Rob.O
in reply to: rsander

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/hot-to-delete-a-vault-user/m-p/2475863/highlight/true#M...

I too thought it strange that you could not delete a user account, until I read this thread. It now makes sense.

Hope it helps.

Message 3 of 5
rsander
in reply to: rsander

Thank you Dull_Blades.  That puts things into perspective ... knowledge is truth.

Message 4 of 5

What I do is edit the user's last name to "Ex-Employee" and then list the users by last name in the users listing of Vault. This "groups" them together and I simply scroll past them.

I guess you could also use something along the lines of "zzzzzzz" which will of course put them all at the bottom of the list as well.

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
Message 5 of 5

I created a few users during testing and wanted to get rid of them. Once I read this forum I realized I could not. So, when I got a new user I renamed the user profile to the new user. The date of any actions let me know if it was the test user I created or the real user in production.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report