Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Property strange behavior...

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
cbenner
203 Views, 0 Replies

Custom Property strange behavior...

Hi, ran into something weird this morning in Vault Pro 2013.  I created a custom property and mapped it to pick up the value of a system property.  I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what was wrong with my mapping as it would not show the property no matter what I did.  UNTIL... I manually edited the properties and entered a string of garbage in the custom property.  Then did a Sync Properties.  The property I had just entered as garbage suddenly did what it was supposed to do and took the value of the property it was mapped to.  This happened twice with two different custom props.

UPDATE:

Same thing happened when I assigned an Item from this file.  I had to manually enter a value in this property before Update would work and bring in the value of the property from the file.

Has anyone else run into this?  Basically, Prop Sync on a custom property mapped to a Standrad property will not work unless a value is first manually assigned to it.  Smiley Frustrated

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report