Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not get the Folder - Web Vault

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
tomwikberg
1143 Views, 9 Replies

Could not get the Folder - Web Vault

I'm having problems with the Web Vault.

When a non Windows Account user logs in to the Web Vault the user gets the error "Could not get the Folder" and nothing is visible in the Web Vault. It's like the user is connected but does not have permissions to view the root file in our Vault.

This happens everytime the user gets automatically logged out from the Web Vault and the user logs in again.

After a restart of the webserver the user can login again without any problems.

For users who use Windows authentication this problem does not exists.

The Autodesk Vault 2014 Professional server is running on a windows Server 2008 r2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

//Tom WIkberg

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
xavier_dumont2
in reply to: tomwikberg

I get this message right now too. I perform on the server an IISreset and all seem to work.

Is there an Autodesk employee who has an idea why we get this message?

I receive in the same time this message:

"Your account has been automatically logged out of the Autodesk data management server. You must log in to access the vault"

Message 3 of 10

I would also like to have a solution for this problem. 

When I log in with a user, this gets logged off automatically after about 30 mins. 

After IISReset it works again. So how can I change the timeout value to 10 hours?

Message 4 of 10

This seems to me to be the same issue or related one to the situation described in the thread "Vault 2014 Thin Client - Times out and no longer can log in". According to the post by Lily (gaol) the development is already looking into it.

Olaf Górski
Message 5 of 10
fKorde

Hi all,

I've also got the same problem on Vault pro 2014 with Windows server 2012. Except that i need to make iisreset multiple times per day. it's really a big issue, we've got more than 35 users only on the web client.

We change the timeout to 540 min but it doesn't change anything. the weird part is that i can't find anything in any log, iis log = nothing, adms log = nope, procmon when i'm trying to connect = useless. 

Any leed or solution or help or hotfix or sp would be apreciated. 

Message 6 of 10
smccoywm

This is a huge problem for my company as well. Our shop has gone paperless and works from the Webclient. This issue happens several times per day and has even got worse after the installation of update 1. This has been a known issue to AutoDesk since at least April. How long does it take to get a solution. This problem makes Vault a useless tool to anyone using the Web Client which is everyone except Engineering.

Scott A. McCoy

Message 7 of 10
mbodnar

To Autodesk

One of our clients is also experiencing this issue which makes the web client un-usable unless the Vault Administrator log in and reset IIS

Very difficult to promote the use of the web client if it becomes un-usable so many times daily

Regards

Max

Message 8 of 10
tomwikberg
in reply to: mbodnar

What i did to temporary "fix" this issue is that i scheduled an iis reset that executes every hour .

It's not a beatiful solution but it will do until this issue is resolved.

//Tom W

Message 9 of 10
mbodnar

Great thanks for the tip, might do the trick until fixed

Max

Message 10 of 10
BjornvanOs
in reply to: mbodnar

The problem is solved in Update 1 for SP1.

Kind regards,
Bjorn van Os

Always streamlining the engineering process for a better integration in the organisation with Inventor| Factory Design | Vault Pro

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report