Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control of replication using lifecycle states

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
AlexFielder
354 Views, 1 Reply

Control of replication using lifecycle states

Hi folks,

I asked this question to the @Autodeskhelp twitter account earlier and they pointed me here.

We are investigating the setup of a replicated Vault environment with our main Inventor customer. We are working on numerous projects for them which share common parts. These common parts need to be handled according to an agreed procedure and shouldn't be used by the various projects until they have been "signed off" by the client, but obviously we don't want the client to be able to see them when they are in Work in Progress (WIP) or such-like lifecycle state.

Is it possible to control the replication of files that are WIP using lifecycle states or would the correct method be something along the lines of File Replication coupled with Access Control Lists (ACLs) for who can see what?

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Alex,

Thanks for your posting.

Regarding your question I can tell you, that you can select, which folders should be replicated.

Though you cannot control on lifecyclestate wether a file should be replicated or not. I may refer to the Autodeskhelp on replication here, where you can find additional information (also on Workgroup Replication)

http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/Help/ENU/?guid=GUID-D8678874-4839-41AD-BD58-226AF3862D3D

HTH
Johannes Bauer

Customer Technical Successt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report