Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected workgroups - schedule replication

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
xavier_dumont1
225 Views, 3 Replies

Connected workgroups - schedule replication

Hi all,

First of all the Wikihelp to install connected workgroups is horrible and incomplete but it's not the purpose of this post.

I have two site. A and B. Those two sites are not in the same timezone.

Then, when scheduling replication, in which timezone is the start time? in the Timezone A or B??

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
minkd
in reply to: xavier_dumont1

Since you are asking about scheduled replication, I assume you are talking about Multisite (aka filestore replication) and not Workgroup (aka database replication) like the subject implies ...

Each site pulls the files it needs from the other sites on its own schedule in its own timezone. If you schedule site A to pull any missing file resources at 4am EST, it will begin around 4am EST.  If you schedule site B to pull missing file resources at 4am PST, it will begin at 4am PST. Given a 3 hour timezone difference that means site A could be pulling files from site B at 1am PST (4am EST), and site B could be pulling files from site A at 7am EST (4am PST).

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
xavier_dumont1
in reply to: minkd

Hi,

Thnaks for your answer.

Then I really mean Connected workgroups (DB+FileStore replication).

But it's a mixed environement test:

Server 1 : Main server - TimeZone A

Server 2: Filestore replication - TimeZone A

Server 3: FIleStore + DB replication - TimeZone B

Then for server 3, if I undestand your answer, I don't have to set replication schedule?

Message 4 of 4
minkd
in reply to: xavier_dumont1

For each site you need to schedule when file store replication should take place.  Otherwise, any files checked in to other sites will only get replicated on demand.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report