Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration File import error: is there a correct way to import?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
riccardo
913 Views, 2 Replies

Configuration File import error: is there a correct way to import?

Hi all.

I'm currently try to import all the standard customization (UDP, NewLifecycles etc) from my test environment to my production environment, but I always had an error.

I wonder, maybe there is a specific way to prepare the new environment and then import the cfg (for example: acad block definition etc etc)

Right now I have this error and nothing of my personalizations appear in the production environment.

Environments:

Vault WorkGroup 2012 Sp3 both

LOG MESSAGE

11/09/2013 15:03:42 Reading configuration 'C:\Users\adm-ricaboni\Desktop\ConfigurazioneVault_SMS_upd3.cfg'
11/09/2013 15:03:42 Loading configuration 'C:\Users\adm-ricaboni\Desktop\ConfigurazioneVault_SMS_upd3.cfg'
11/09/2013 15:03:42 Loading configuration 'C:\Users\adm-ricaboni\Desktop\ConfigurazioneVault_SMS_upd3.cfg' - section 'PublishOptions'
11/09/2013 15:03:42 Loading configuration 'C:\Users\adm-ricaboni\Desktop\ConfigurazioneVault_SMS_upd3.cfg' - section 'UDP'
11/09/2013 15:03:43 Loading configuration 'C:\Users\adm-ricaboni\Desktop\ConfigurazioneVault_SMS_upd3.cfg' - section 'Lifecycle'
11/09/2013 15:03:43 LifeCycle definition with this SystemName is already defined in this vault, and will not be imported.
SystemName: 'Basic Release Process'
DisplayName: 'Processo di rilascio di base'
11/09/2013 15:03:43 LifeCycle definition with this SystemName is already defined in this vault, and will not be imported.
SystemName: 'Flexible Release Process'
DisplayName: 'Processo di rilascio flessibile'
SystemName: 'Simple Release Process'
DisplayName: 'Processo di rilascio semplice'
SystemName: 'Long Lead Time Release Process'
DisplayName: 'Processo per rilascio a lungo termine'
11/09/2013 15:03:43 Loading configuration 'C:\Users\adm-ricaboni\Desktop\ConfigurazioneVault_SMS_upd3.cfg' - section 'Revision'
11/09/2013 15:03:44 Revision sequence definition with this SystemName is already defined in this vault, and will not be imported.
SystemName: 'Alphabetic'
DisplayName: 'Alfabetico'
11/09/2013 15:03:44 Revision sequence definition with this SystemName is already defined in this vault, and will not be imported.
SystemName: 'Numeric'
DisplayName: 'Numerico'
11/09/2013 15:03:44 Revision definition with this SystemName is already defined in this vault, and will not be imported.
SystemName: 'Standard Alphabetic Format'
DisplayName: 'Formato alfabetico standard'
11/09/2013 15:03:44 Revision definition with this SystemName is already defined in this vault, and will not be imported.
SystemName: 'Standard Numeric Format'
DisplayName: 'Formato numerico standard'
11/09/2013 15:03:44 Loading configuration 'C:\Users\adm-ricaboni\Desktop\ConfigurazioneVault_SMS_upd3.cfg' - section 'Category'
11/09/2013 15:03:44 Category definition with this SystemName is already defined in this vault, and will not be imported.
SystemName: 'Base'
DisplayName: 'Base'
11/09/2013 15:03:44 Category definition with this SystemName is already defined in this vault, and will not be imported.
SystemName: 'Engineering'
DisplayName: 'Ingegneristiche'
SystemName: 'Office'
DisplayName: 'Ufficio'
SystemName: 'Standard'
DisplayName: 'Standard'
SystemName: 'Folder'
DisplayName: 'Disegni'
SystemName: 'Project'
DisplayName: 'Commesse'
11/09/2013 15:03:44 Loading configuration 'C:\Users\adm-ricaboni\Desktop\ConfigurazioneVault_SMS_upd3.cfg' - section 'EntityClassSupportedBehavior'
11/09/2013 15:03:45 Loading configuration 'C:\Users\adm-ricaboni\Desktop\ConfigurazioneVault_SMS_upd3.cfg' - section 'ContentSourcePropDefMapping'
11/09/2013 15:03:45 http://AutodeskDM/Schemas/Design/CtntSrcPropertyProviders/01/04/2010/
11/09/2013 15:03:45 http://AutodeskDM/Schemas/Design/CtntSrcPropertyProviders/01/04/2010/
11/09/2013 15:03:46 An error occurred when applying configuration. See the log for detail.
11/09/2013 15:03:46 Connectivity.Application.VaultManager.ServiceException: ConfigurationError [232] ---> Connectivity.Core.Exceptions.CoreException: ConfigurationError [232] ---> Connectivity.Core.Exceptions.EncodableException: PropertiesCannotHaveTheSamePriority [243]
at Connectivity.Core.BusinessLogic.PropertiesBL._SetEntityClassMappingsToContentSourcePropertyDefinitions(Int64 propDefId, Int64 entClassId, ContentSourcePropertyDefinition[] csPropDefs, MappingTypeEnum[] mapTypes, Int32[] priorities, MappingDirectionEnum[] mapDirs, Boolean[] createNews, Boolean overwriteExisting)
at Connectivity.Core.Configuration.SectionHandlers.CtntSrcPropDefMappingSectionHandler.LoadHandler(IConfigSection section)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:
at Connectivity.Core.Configuration.SectionHandlerUtil.InvokeHandler(IConfigSection section, ConfigurationContext context)
at Connectivity.Core.Configuration.Configuration.Load()
at Connectivity.Core.Services.KnowledgeVaultService.ImportConfiguration(String fullPathToImportFile)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message.Dispatch(Object target, Boolean fExecuteInContext)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at Connectivity.Core.Services.KnowledgeVaultService.ImportConfiguration(String fullPathToImportFile)
at Connectivity.Application.VaultManager.KnowledgeVaultService.ImportConfiguration(String fullFilePath)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Connectivity.Application.VaultManager.KnowledgeVaultService.ImportConfiguration(String fullFilePath)
at Connectivity.Application.VaultManager.ImportConfigurationCommand.ImportConfiguration(Vault vault, String fullFilePath)
at Connectivity.Application.VaultManager.ImportConfigurationCommand.OnExecute(ExplorerCommandContext context)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tmoney2007
in reply to: riccardo

It looks like your configuration isn't being imported because the file categories and lifecycle definitions already exist in the vault.  This seems appears to be because you have customized the standard file categories and lifecycle definitions instead of copying them and creating your own.

It is debatable whether the configuration tool should overwrite the configurations of lifecycle definitions and file categories if this conflict is found (I believe it should). 

The solution to those issues would be one of two things:

1. In your test environment (or dev, where ever the configuration is coming from) rename your customized file categories and lifecycle definitions to something other than the default ones.

2. After the target vault has been created, go into it and delete or rename the existing lifecycle definitions and file categories.

It looks like that was the source for a significant number of your errors.

Also, you need to make sure that any autocad blocks that you configured to be indexed in the source ADMS are also added to the list of Indexed Blocks in the target vault ***BEFORE*** you import the configurations, or the mappings will be lost and you will be stuck manually redoing them (another issue I have with the Export/Import Configuration tool).

My company is in the process of migrating between staging environments right now as well (with Vault Pro 2013).  PM me if you have any more questions.

Message 3 of 3
riccardo
in reply to: tmoney2007

Hi,

thank you for your help and forgive me for the late reply. 

After a long time spent in test and (manually) re-apply all the personalizations, I think to have understood why my configuration was not able to be imported in the production environment.

Relating to Vault problems with its own installation language and OS language, my production environments ends up in English language, while my test environment is in italian... so while I'm able to apply the conf file to italian vault server, each time I try to import the "italian" conf file to an english one the system returns me an error!

Autodesk Vault is not able to friendly manage languages... it's quite a problem some time.

Regards

Riccardo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report