Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combination of Vault Collaboration 2012 and Vault Professional 2012

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Ventas
696 Views, 6 Replies

Combination of Vault Collaboration 2012 and Vault Professional 2012

HI

Can anybody help me on this?

With new 2012 versions it is possible to have a Vault Instalation with a combination of Vault Collaboration, Vault Professional and Vault clients?

And, for the integrated Vault versions of Inventor, Do they still  allow 5 Vault clients for Vault Consulting?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ihayesjr
in reply to: Ventas

You cannot have a combination of different clients with one vault server.

You need 1 license per user connecting.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 7
Ventas

Thanks Irving.

So it means that if I have an account for example with 6 people in eng 3 in manufacturing, and 2 in others sections that need to consult de Vault, this account cannot have 3 Vault Professional (because of the need of ECO´s and BOM´s), 6 Vault Workgroup (because they need to participate in the file revision Control, but do not participate in ECO´s) and 2 Web clients combination?.

If I unterstand well, it means that this account need to choose Professional with web clients. And means that if Other account have only the Inventor integrated Vaults and need to manage ECO´s  they have to upgrade all of their clients and server to Vault Professional?, is that correct.

Sorry for all this questions, I try to serch for information about the different versions and how to implement them with different client needs. So if you have some information I´ll appreciate it. Thanks a lot!.

Message 4 of 7
ihayesjr

The Vault client can only talk with it's corresponding server.  So a professional client can only talk to professional servers.  A workgroup client can only connect to a workgroup server.  The web client is read-only and doesn't require a license.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 5 of 7
scottmoyse
in reply to: ihayesjr

This NEEDS to change. The idea of having to pay for a full seat of Vault Professional just for that user to only use functions that are available in workgroup or collaboration, is frankly DISGUSTING and blatanly taking advantage!

The licensing should be like how the Inventor Suite > Inventor Professional combination works. When using pro features it takes a pro license, when you jump back to normal features it releases the prop license and takes a workgroup one for example. 

For the most part, all designers need to do is check in and check out! Or at best participate in change orders from time to time.

I suspect if you changed this licensing your uptake of vault would increase dramatically and in the long term, was the larger number of clients, make more money and with the increased amount of feedback and usage a better product!

I understand it will likely be a significant rewrite of how the database works. But charge for and design the product so the Server end is standard/workgroup/collaboration/Professional (if thats the order and names of the versions) and then you pay for the client ends seperately with the same escalating feature sets.

Along with this and a few other feature tweaks and additions, any company would be completely insane to refuse having vault as part of their design and manufacturing software suite!

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 6 of 7
MiWaNiZa
in reply to: scottmoyse

Idea added at IdeaStation.

You can kudo it to try receive feature in next Vault editions.

Dmytro Yemelianov / Дмитрий Емельянов
Mechanical engineer & Software Developer / Инженер-машиностроитель и разработчик программного обеспечения
Blog (EN) | Blog (RU)
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 7 of 7
MiWaNiZa
in reply to: MiWaNiZa

Idea Status changed to: Future Consideration!!!

Dmytro Yemelianov / Дмитрий Емельянов
Mechanical engineer & Software Developer / Инженер-машиностроитель и разработчик программного обеспечения
Blog (EN) | Blog (RU)
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report