Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking into Vault issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
S**t_Just_Got_Real
300 Views, 1 Reply

Checking into Vault issue

I use Civil 3D at my company and we store our projects in Vault.  I have been having a small issue checking in.  You are supposed to have the option to keep drawings open after checking them in or let them close.  Whether I want them to or not they will not close and go read only.  Is there a setting for this somewhere??

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I don't use the Civil 3D, but the Autodesk products I do use the ribbons look similar.  So I can only imagine that the Civil 3D probably is not different.  With that said, I am trying to understand exactly what is going on.

You can check in a file in the vault one of three ways.

First through the ribbon.  CHECK.PNG

Then in here above the browser.  CHECK1.PNG where after the vault browser shows up you can RC on the file and select "Check In.  In both of these cases the files stays open.  If you are still wanting to retain ownership then you heen to have this checked.

CHECKIN.PNG

The only case I have come across where the file closes is if you select the red "X" in the upper right hand corner of the file screen within the session.  Even in this case you can still have the above checked and retain ownership.

If none of this is what you are talking about please go into greater detail with some images as well.

What version of vault are you using?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report