Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check out for edit in Comment

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
jrhymes
602 Views, 9 Replies

Check out for edit in Comment

I have hundreds if not thousands of files with "Check out for edit." in the comment area of the file. I found that it's coming from the check in dialog box at the bottom. Is there any what to remove this default comment? See attached

Capture.PNG

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
BLHDrafting
in reply to: jrhymes

Not sure why it is persistent. Each time I check in the comments section is blank, ready for any comments I want to enter.

vault.png

What Vault version/release are you using?

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 3 of 10
junyi_zhu
in reply to: BLHDrafting

Did you enter comments when the file was checked out? I remember default check-in comment comes from there.

Junyi Zhu

Message 4 of 10
jrhymes
in reply to: BLHDrafting

Sorry, was out
2013 Basic
Build 17.1.16.0
Update 1
Message 5 of 10
jrhymes
in reply to: junyi_zhu

No, if I start a new part file, save it and check it into vault there is nothing there. When I check it back out and check it back in it shows up
Message 6 of 10
Bill.Schmid

This is the default comment Vault puts in when you check out a file. When you release a file, it defaults to Released for manufacturing. Is there a way or place to change the default so if the user does nothing the field will be left blank? I'm on Vault Pro 2013, soon to go to 2014.
Message 7 of 10
SER4

It appears that we've recently lost the functionality to have the Comment that we've typed during Check-Out to again reappear during the Check-In dialogue box?
I'm on 2023.2 (Vault Pro and Inventor Pro), and I feel like we did have this functionality even on 2022?

I really miss/like that feature because when you check something out, you know what you are planning to work on, and then when you check something in, you want to recall what the original plan was vs. what you actually did (often it is the same)--prevents typing it all over again.

@junyi_zhu, do you have an explanation for this?

Dell Precision 5680 Laptop; Win11 Pro; 64GB RAM; i9-13900H CPU; Intel Iris Xe Graphics, NVIDIA RTX 3500 Ada Laptop GPU.
Vault Pro 2023.4.1 (28.4.20.0); Inventor Pro 2023.4.1 (418).
Message 8 of 10
junyi_zhu

If so it should be a bug. Sorry that I only got notification for this post now but late is better than never. 🙂

Junyi Zhu

Message 9 of 10

Raised PDM-40796 for track.

Message 10 of 10
SER4

(FYI):
Comments typed during Check-Out disappear during the Check-In dialogue box for Vault 2023 and 2024 (...

Dell Precision 5680 Laptop; Win11 Pro; 64GB RAM; i9-13900H CPU; Intel Iris Xe Graphics, NVIDIA RTX 3500 Ada Laptop GPU.
Vault Pro 2023.4.1 (28.4.20.0); Inventor Pro 2023.4.1 (418).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report