Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change order, question about Status flow chart and Routing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
413 Views, 3 Replies

Change order, question about Status flow chart and Routing

Hey all,

We are attempting to implement the Change Order feature of Vault 2014 and I had a few questions

Is it possible to change the 'Status' flow chart for the Change Orders in Vault? Meaning how the change orders are submitted and how they go through the approval process. The current method doesn't fit my organization's needs. I cannot find a way to change this flow chart.

Is it possible to add user GROUPS to routing instead of individual users? I can't figure out how to do this. We use active directory integration and as users are moved around on the domain by the IT department it would be nice if Vault automatically picked this up so I wouldn't have to go in and update the routing EVERY TIME a user was changed by IT. Also this presents a major issue for our organization as now the CAD team has to be notified whenever IT makes a change to ensure that Vault is updated. I would be extremely dissapointed in Autodesk if groups cannot be added to change order routing, as this seems like an obvious feature.

Thanks for reading

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
smithmat
in reply to: Anonymous

1. No, there isn't a way to customize the flow chart.   There are two fixed flow charts you can choose from: "Standard" and "Check State" which you can configure via Tools->Administration->Global Settings->Change Orders->"Select workflow definition to use on new Change Orders"
  2. No, groups cannot be used as Routing participants.  Indvidual users only.

- Matt

Message 3 of 4
mark.cloyed

Hi m_simons,

Regarding your need to change the workflow for change orders, the only change that is allowed is to add or not add a check state.  I have found it useful to provide a checking state, or use it as a first line review if the organization needs someone to review it first.  Otherwise the workflow cannot be altered.  As to your second question, groups cannot be used to assign roles in change orders.  It is always based on individuals, so I have generally had to set up the routing template with all individuals in a group (listed individually).  If a new individual is added to the group, the routing template would need to be updated.  This sounds like a great idea to submit to the Vault Ideastation as a desired enhancement. 

Thanks,
Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

That's fairly frustrating.

Autodesk comes out with products and features that COULD be an invaluable resource, however they shoot it in the foot by leaving out simple basic functionality that should be obvious.

Ok, so if I want to use change orders, I will have to make sure IT sends the vault admins (non IT people) notifications when user accounts are changed. Which entirely defeats the purpose of using active directory integration.

Thanks for the responses. Off to the ideastation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report