Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change State Issue

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Esky99!
302 Views, 3 Replies

Change State Issue

If we select a file and select change state then change the state via the drop down list next to the File name. The comments section doesnt update with the category setup. However if the state is change via the drop down list next to the lifecycle it populates the comments as setup.

Why?

Thanks

Paul

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
inchul.lee
in reply to: Esky99!

Hello Paul,

I'd like to check if I understood your question correctly.

Please refer to the screenshot below.
If you change State from the drop-down menu in the upper right corner, the comment is automatically updated.
However, if you change State from the drop-down menu next to each file, the comment is not automatically updated.

vault_state.png

This is as designed and is to accomodate a state change for multiple files. Let me give you an example. Please refer to the screenshot below.

You can choose a Lifecycle then choose State to apply updates for multiple files and they will have a common comment.

However, if State change for each file triggers the comment change, then it will affect other files that are even under different Lifecycle.

vault_state_02.png

This is why those 2 drop-down menu behaves differently.

I hope the above answers your question.

Thank you.

Inchul Lee
Message 3 of 4
Esky99!
in reply to: Esky99!

Hi

Firstly thank you for reviewing this issue.

There is no logic to this. It is actually quite silly logic.

This should be setup so that if there are multiple files with differing lifecycles. Then the comments section should be gousted out and each lifecycle should get updated with whatever state is changed. Maybe a comments section for each lifecycle with the same state change can be shown in a branch for each one.

If the selection of files has the same lifecycle and state change then the comments section which is visible at the bottom of the form can show populated.

I think the vault team needs to revisit this one.

Regards
Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report