Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add assembly to Vault

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
randallgraham4313
328 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot add assembly to Vault

I have an assembly that I am trying to add to the Vault but unfortunately Inventor will not allow me to. The parts to the assembly had been previously added to the Vault. When I go to the Vault and do an "add files" , I get an error message saying the files cannot be added due to Vaulting restrictions and then directs me to go to the program that created it and add it from that program. So I go to Inventor and do a "Check-In" and it tells me the components that are in the Vault already exist and cannot be checked in due to vaulting restrictions. So I check out the parts it is objecting to and I get the same error message. I do not know what to do at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Randall  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Are the Inventor files that are located in your working folder in the same 'folder' as that of the Vault?  If not, then they would be considered duplicate files.  With that option turned on, you will not be able to add them to the Vault.

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 3 of 5

None of the files were were in the same directory but I moved all but one into the same directory but it did not do anything to resolve the problem. Where would the option you talked about be located?

Thanks

Randall

Message 4 of 5

Its an 'administrative' setting, for duplicate file names.

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 5 of 5
luttena
in reply to: randallgraham4313

Hello,

Can you provide more detail about the error dialog you're getting on check out? Maybe a screen capture?

Thanks!

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums