Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find my Vault Server

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Nixar
2013 Views, 5 Replies

Can't find my Vault Server

Hello everybody,
I just migrated from Inventor 2008 to Inventor 2010. I installed the Vault client in the same time (my Vault is on my computer, in local server mode), and then after a misunderstanding with an IT guy, my Vault 2008 was unistalled... I got backups, though. ;). In the same time I realized that all the databases from the content center and the Vault database were still here.

Anyway, I installed ADMS 2010, Vault Server. He found the databases, asked me to upgrade them. I said ok, and the only problem I got was about other SQL instances during the process. I disabled them and everything went just fine.

My problem now : I can see my Vault and log in to it through the ADMS Management console (with the standard "Administrator"/no password), I see the SQL Server in the SQL Management Studio BUT I am not allowed to use the "Administrator"/no password. Only the Windows Authentification... And finally, under Vault 2010 Client, I just can't find the server... I tried just the name given by SQL (AUTODESKVAULT), I tried it with my computer name before (such as MyComputer\AUTODESKVAULT), I tried it with the "localhost", and with the IP 127.0.0.1. Nothing went through... It keeps saying to me "Unable to find the server".

Sorry for being a bit long, but I'm stuck and any kind of help would be really appreciated...

Cheers,

Nicolas
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Nixar

Hello Nicolas,

In order to log into SQL Management Studio, you will need to know your
sa password or do what you are currently doing by logging in with
Windows Authentication. I am unsure why "localhost" did not work. When
you log into the ADMS Console, what is the machine name at the very top?
Did the machine get renamed? I would try the name of the physical
machine directly or perform an ipconfig on from the command console and
use that IP. The name at the top should match the physical name.
Normally what you are describing would be a firewall issue but since you
are on the same machine it is a bit troubling.

-Jim

"Nixar" wrote in message news:6383569@discussion.autodesk.com:

> Hello everybody,
> I just migrated from Inventor 2008 to Inventor 2010. I installed the Vault client in the same time (my Vault is on my computer, in local server mode), and then after a misunderstanding with an IT guy, my Vault 2008 was unistalled... I got backups, though. ;). In the same time I realized that all the databases from the content center and the Vault database were still here.
>
> Anyway, I installed ADMS 2010, Vault Server. He found the databases, asked me to upgrade them. I said ok, and the only problem I got was about other SQL instances during the process. I disabled them and everything went just fine.
>
> My problem now : I can see my Vault and log in to it through the ADMS Management console (with the standard "Administrator"/no password), I see the SQL Server in the SQL Management Studio BUT I am not allowed to use the "Administrator"/no password. Only the Windows Authentification... And finally, under Vault 2010 Client, I just can't find the server... I tried just the name given by SQL (AUTODESKVAULT), I tried it with my computer name before (such as MyComputer\AUTODESKVAULT), I tried it with the "localhost", and with the IP 127.0.0.1. Nothing went through... It keeps saying to me "Unable to find the server".
>
> Sorry for being a bit long, but I'm stuck and any kind of help would be really appreciated...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nicolas
Message 3 of 6
Nixar

Hello Jim,

Many thanks for your long answer and sorry to be late in mine. So here is a screenshot of my ADMS console:

As you can see, my machine name is "PC-DE-NICOLAS". It didn't have been renamed, and I tried with my loop address 127.0.0.1 as I told you, and with my LAN IP address.
I'm running ZoneAlarm firewall most of the time, but I tried without it and it didn't work more...

Would you have any other lead? I'm bit stuck with it...

Many thanks in advances,

Regards.

Nicolas
Message 4 of 6
spascual

Hi Nixar,

Have you checked windows firewall????

Have you got an antiviruses????

I can see in the picture that filestores size is 0 bytes

There is something bad. Have you done a backup and restore like Autodesk recomends????

MAy be this afternoon in Spain I can hel you.

Regards
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Nixar,

Where you able to get it working?

-Jim

"spascual" wrote in message news:6385165@discussion.autodesk.com:

> Hi Nixar,
>
> Have you checked windows firewall????
>
> Have you got an antiviruses????
>
> I can see in the picture that filestores size is 0 bytes
>
> There is something bad. Have you done a backup and restore like Autodesk recomends????
>
> MAy be this afternoon in Spain I can hel you.
>
> Regards
Message 6 of 6
Nixar

Hello guys,
thank you for your interest in my problem, which is solved after a Vault Server+Client reinstallation. I don't know what was wrong, but it seems to be gone.

Thanks again for your involvement,

Regards,

Nicolas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report