Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoloader

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ironcleek
213 Views, 3 Replies

Autoloader

Hello all,

New to the forum. I have been doing some searching and have found a lot of good info. Here is my issue:

I using Autoloader to load several Inventor files from a network directory.

I have an .ipj set up within the network folder specific to the parts, assemblies and drawings that I use to scan files in Autoloader – in this case the network file is “HCV” and within that file there are several sub folders with several sizes of “HCV’s”. My .ipj is “HCV.ipj”. This is working great and the scans come up nice and clean. When I go to load these files into vault I am allowing it to put these files into the default areas. I am intending to then move these files to new folders once they’re in Vault – which I don’t mind doing. However, the issue I’m having is that when I load the files into vault, it is overwriting the default .ipj we all use and changing the workgroup and search paths. This is not making the other folks real happy as we have to keep resetting the .ipj back to its original settings. What can I do to avoid this? Or is there a way to use autoloader to load these files using the default settings without disrupting the default .ipj?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: ironcleek

Does this help?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=9480434&linkID=9261340

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 4
ironcleek
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

I was looking at this earlier and was going to try this. Will a new BUU.XML replace the existing one? Or would this be in addition to the one we have set up that everyone else is currently using? If I create a new/additional one, I’m confused as to where to place it in vault. Would it go with/under another .ipj?

Message 4 of 4
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: ironcleek

You have to modify the existing one in the Vault to take the nee settings. You can try with a Test Vault database before you implement it in Production version.

Hope that helps.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report