Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Autoloader - permission error for certain folders

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Bidu6
494 Views, 4 Replies

Autoloader - permission error for certain folders

Hello,

When I use the Vault Autoloader and get to the point where I choose which file (within Vault) to upload the files to - Vault gives me an ERROR ONLY FOR CERTAIN FOLDERS which is weird because I am an administrator and should have permission to all files. It will let me bulk load to some files, but not most of them. Any solution? 

I should also mention we just migrated to Vault Professional 2013 in case it might have to do with the install.... Don't know.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
minkd
in reply to: Bidu6

Do the folders in question have ACLs on them that would prohibit the Administrator from adding files to them?

The Administrator role abides by the same security rules as any other user. The difference is that the Administrator can always change the security, and for that reason it can always see everything.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
Bidu6
in reply to: minkd

I am not totally sure, but I don't think I have ACL's on any folders. I checked the " Properties > Security " of the folders in question but it said that administators could read/write/delete. Is this what you mean by ACL's ? I attached below an image of the folder properties I checked (of a folder I cannot autoload to). If this is not where I would look to find ACLs then please let me know.

Message 4 of 5
Bidu6

The thing is, I can load individual files to these folders. The autoloader just seems to not allow me to do so. It only allows me to add files to certain folders.

Message 5 of 5
minkd

Yes, that is the security I was referring to.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with autoloader to know what other constraints it operates under. Hopefully, someone who does can chime in on this thread.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report