Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Vault & Inventor 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
teaminfosys
329 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Vault & Inventor 2013

Morning/Afternoon All,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with the below questions based on upgrading to the 2013 product suites.

1) We run Vault 2010 on a server & need to upgrade clients to 2013. Do we need to upgrade our Vault installation also?

2) If we need to upgrade Vault would we need to convert the SQL data ourselves or would this install migrate all current data to the latest version?

3) If we install just the 2013 client on one of our machines would this then upgrade our data in content center to 2013 compatibilty & thus not allow 2010 to open any of the associated files?

Hopefully this won't spark any further questions but any help would be appreciated.

Clive.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: teaminfosys

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

You will need to upgrade the server as well, including your SQL.  Usually a jump this large takes several steps and, frankly, ain't easy!  I'm enclosing a link to the Vault 2013 Advanced Configuration Guide which has detailed information on this upgrade.  If you have access to a reseller with Vault experience, I'd recommend enlisting thier help... or at least to have them on the line for help.  Of course, Autodesk Tech Support can help as well, and this is always a good place to go with questions.  it's just that in here, if you have an emergency, you can't guarentee a quick response.  It all depends on how busy people are who visit these pages.

http://download.autodesk.com/us/vault/documentation2013/2013_Advanced_Config_Guide-2013.pdf

Message 3 of 4
teaminfosys
in reply to: cbenner

Hi & thanks for the welcome.

Guessing that any update to the client would have to reflect the vault version also?

Kind of thought this might have been the case but had to confirm it.
Message 4 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: teaminfosys

That's true.  So many new or updated features in the client that rely on the same feature being supported by the server side.  Now... you could upgrade Inventor without changing the Vault, but the sad truth is the longer you wait to upgrade Vault, the harder it is.... take my word for it.  Smiley Frustrated

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report