Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Vault 2012 and AutoCAD 2012 Content Explorer

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Rob.O
475 Views, 2 Replies

Autodesk Vault 2012 and AutoCAD 2012 Content Explorer

Does anyone know if it is possible to setup the new Content Explorer in AutoCAD 2012 to connect to a folder in the Vault. I found the following statement about Project Snap several months before AutoCAD 2012 was released that says:

"The idea behind Project Snap is that it connects Autodesk users to their design content (DWG, RVT, IAM) regardless of where the data resides (local or network folders, Autodesk Seek, Autodesk Buzzsaw, Autodesk Vault)."

Now that Project Snap has been released as Content Explorer, I am searching for instructions on connecting to the vault, but have been unable to find any info.

I am currently doing this by pointing content Explorer to a local working folder, but the files have to be updated from the Vault on a daily basis.  It would be nice if we could just dig right into the source to allow users the ability to drag and drop blocks, layers, etc... right from the Vault source file via Content Explorer rather than telling them to "get latest" all of the time. That way they are always sure to be using the latest.

I would imagine pointing the Content Explorer to the File Store is a bad idea?

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
oleg.d1
in reply to: Rob.O

Hi there, Dull_Blades.

It is currently not possible to use Content Explorer with a Vault server.  What you are doing is the way to go today.  We are always considering "what's next?" for Content Explorer, so we'll count your post as a +1 vote for Vault integration.

And yes, pointing the Content Explorer to the Vault File Store is a bad idea 🙂

Oleg

Message 3 of 3
Rob.O
in reply to: oleg.d1

Thanks Oleg!

That is the info I needed to know so I can move forward!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report