Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Vault 2012 & 13 Integration into Sharepoint 2010 Server

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
500 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Vault 2012 & 13 Integration into Sharepoint 2010 Server

Group,

Many of you have seen the video on youtube re: Vault 2012 & '13 Integration into Sharepoint 2010 - it's pretty slick, you can access Vault Professional 2012 & '13 from within Sharepoint 2010. Vault 2012 & '13 & Sharepoint 2010 Integration on Youtube

I have tried to set this up for demo purposes & am not seeing the same options as listed in the instructions for the integration. Vault Pro 2013 Integration instructions for Sharepoint 2010

I've confirmed you only need Sharepoint 2010 Standard & higher for this integration.

Even going up to Sharepoint Enterprise, I don't have "federated search" & a number of other options listed in the screenshots from the Autodesk tutorial.  I've found some microsoft TIDs concerning federated search, will update this thread when I get it dialed in.

If anyone has already done this & has tips for the group please post to this thread.

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ihayesjr
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you contact me to help you out?

I believe that you have missed a configuration setting outlined in the document.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ihayesjr

Irvin,

Nice to see you are still around.  I missed several configuration settings actually.  Did not notice the 35pg PDF extracted to the sharepoint server "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Vault for SharePoint 2010\Autodesk Vault for Sharepoint 2010.pdf"

After using that as a guide, was able to get the instance going.

Some things look very slick in the integration, can't wait to become comfortable with the solution. I think this was R&D $ well-spent.

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Can this be done through the sandbox instead of installed directly on the server and can it use Kerberos contrained protocol/smartbadge x509 certificate authencation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report