Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD and Vault - Linked 3D File

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
mdurst
699 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD and Vault - Linked 3D File

After using Vault Professional SP1 and AutoCAD (Vanilla) 2014, sometimes when checking in a DWG, I am prompted with a message asking if I would like to check in the Linked 3D File which I'm assuming is the DWF file.  

I do not recall this prompt in the past and there seems to be no way to turn it off.  Just another irritating box to click to complete the check in inside AutoCAD.  DWF creation is already handled in the Check In dialog box.  Why have the redundancy? 

The odd thing is, is that I don't receive it EVERY time, I'd say it's about 50/50 and I haven't been able to determine when or why I receive it.

Anyone else see this yet?Linked 3D File.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
olearya
in reply to: mdurst

No, this should not be a dwf - my apologies if this is a silly question, but are you detailing inventor data in AutoCAD 2014 or some other 3D model?  Does this happen with new files?  Can you create an example for us to test and perhaps try purging the document and saving before you check in?

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 9
mdurst
in reply to: olearya

No, there is nothing that is related to Inventor 3D data.  These templates that I am seeing this issue on came from a customer that does NOT use Inventor.  Yes, it is after creating NEW files from these templates.

Allan, I can possibly send you a copy of a template in question and hopefully you can reproduce, but I need their permission first.

Message 4 of 9
olearya

I suspect there are some hidden objects in the file causing this - may be worth trying to clean up the templates.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 9
mdurst

Thanks Allan!  The issue appears to be related to some Proxy Objects from a Missing Application: AMAcad.

Using the command AECTOACAD generates a new file without these objects.  So far I have been unable to reproduce the issue.

I will post back if the issue pops up again.

Proxy.jpg

Message 6 of 9
mdurst

I've now received this message within Inventor Professional 2014, but it's regarding a 2D file (instead of 3D).  I have been using Vault since Vault 5 with Inventor and AutoCAD and have never seen this message.  I guess I would just like to know more about it.  

Why is it now showing up?  Is it a bug or is it intended?

Is it referring to the DWF?

Check in to Vault Basic 2014 using Inventor Professional 2014 with DWF Creation turned on (Apply to all files).

I opened the file that it appears to be checking in and the Links button is greyed out on the Tools tab in Inventor meaning there aren't any links.  I know you can turn off the prompt, but I like to know why things are happening so I can explain them to others.  It's just another dialog to click at this point for me.

9-24-2013 11-14-19 AM.jpg

Message 7 of 9
olearya

There was an issue some time back with material maps coming is as ole links - the following article has some code to resolve this http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2010/03/how-to-remove-unwanted-ole-links-in-an-inv...

I do know there was a more recent solution but I can't recall what it was.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 9
mdurst

Allan, thank you for your reply.

Is this the same issue?  

Issue Stated in Post:

You are trying to Check In your Inventor file into the Vault and you get the message that there are missing OLE files.

This isn't the message I am receiving.

Message 9 of 9
olearya

I assume the message is different if it can find the object 🙂

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report